UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

my first cichlid tank

Go down 
+5
KMX
ilicurtisili
BobV
jake
Jstump
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

my first cichlid tank Empty
PostSubject: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 5:29 pm

Here is a pic of my 30 gallon. I currently have Pundamilia Nyererei Ruti Island and Eureka Red Peacocks. I have added some pieces of holey rock since I took the picture. I have another 30 gallon in my garage that I'm thinking about setting up as well. I definitely would like to get a bigger tank at some point. Also wanted to say thanks to Kory (KMX) for all the fish he has sold me and answering all my questions.
my first cichlid tank Imag0113
Back to top Go down
jake
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
jake

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 5:35 pm

Nice set up!2 tanks-2 colonies-sounds about right,and you'll end up with about 20! lol!
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 8:16 pm

Nice tank...clean....just needs more rocks, caves for fish to spawn in and hide.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 8:42 pm

I plan on throwing some more holey rock in there. There just isn't a lot of extra space in there
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 9:22 pm

not trying to be an Bart or anyhting, but why do you have fake coral in a freshwater tank?
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 9:27 pm

When I was first trying to convince my wife to start a cichlid tank she really liked the colors and thought it would look cool with the colorful fish. There isn't anything wrong with having it in there right?
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/25/2011, 9:38 pm

lol no.
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 8:24 am

actually the coral will help keep the ph up for the cichlids. That's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 8:31 am

Jstump wrote:
When I was first trying to convince my wife to start a cichlid tank she really liked the colors and thought it would look cool with the colorful fish. There isn't anything wrong with having it in there right?

Nothing wrong with that at all. And if the boss (wife) says so then you got to do what you got to do to have another tank set up! lol!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 9:59 am

Nice looking tank! yes usafishbox
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 11:15 am

BobV wrote:
actually the coral will help keep the ph up for the cichlids. That's a good thing.

If it were real that would be true but this looks like fake stuff. Plastic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 11:42 am

It is just a plastic one
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 11:58 am

KMX wrote:
Jstump wrote:

Nothing wrong with that at all. And if the boss (wife) says so then you got to do what you got to do to have another tank set up! lol!

Fortunately my wife is on board now with having more than one tank after seeing this one set up. She actually enjoys it now. I'm still trying to decide if I should set up my other 30 gallon or sell it and get a bigger tank. Decisions decisions...
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 11:59 am

cool, very nice!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime5/26/2011, 12:22 pm

lol it it were real coral it would keep the ammonia up cause it would all be dead.
jstump, you will be into Reef tanks in no time.
here's an old old pic of one of my freshwater tanks and you can see by the background I chose that I would end up a reefer sooner rather then later:)
yep! there is a reefer hiding in your wife just waiting to get out. you'll see...
keep up the good work;)
my first cichlid tank DSCN4068-1-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my first cichlid tank   my first cichlid tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my first cichlid tank
Page 1 of 1