UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Lookie what I bought today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Lookie what I bought today! Empty
PostSubject: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 9:10 pm

Since KMX didn't answer his phone today(haha), I got bored and wanted to look at some fish. After about 20 minutes of browsing the internet, I found a lfs internet page (http://www.aquaticwonderland.com/1.html) and decided to go to their shop. It is the HARDEST place to find because it is in a warehouse like structure BEHIND another warehouse! Even the gps on my phone couldn't tell me where to find them. Anyhoo, when I walked in, all I saw were FLOWERHORNS!!!!! How awesome!, non of them were smaller than 4inches and looked pretty decent. After navigating to the back in ooh and aahh, I spotted my favorite fish that I could never afford......BLOOD PARROT CICHLIDS!!!! They all had a deep rich dark orange color and the price was $12ea or 3 for $30. I was like WHOA, awesome fish for awesome prices. I immediately bought the 3 deepest colored ones and here they are

Lookie what I bought today! Photo

The color of the parrots is actually much more orange but picture quality on phone is bad

Other fish in the aquarium include a Pink Kissing Gourami(first fish I ever bought) and the nicest Texas Cichlid I've ever met
Back to top Go down
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 9:55 pm

nice man hope they do well in your tank fish
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 10:45 pm

CONGRATS homie. Nice fish
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 12:36 am

Nice looking fish. Congrats to your new addition. cheers
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 6:45 am

Fish warehouses are better than stores esp if they are hard to find! We have one here & its the only place I deal w locally anymore. They know what they are talking about most of the time. And you never know what you will find!! Nice fish!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 7:30 am

My LFS has soo many tanks crammed into a small store front its great! They all have their specialty's too so you know you can find someone to talk with and get great advice for whatever your looking for. I drove by the place 4 times before I finally called them and they helped me find the place Lookie what I bought today! Lol
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 10:21 am

Yeah I'm going to go back to this place but these Parrot Cichlids were the cheapest fish he had. He had two entires walls full of 4"+ flowerhorns and a large wall of only discus ranging from $20-95. He doesn't believe in cheap fish like convicts or Jack Dempseys or Oscars. This dude even had $45 betta fish that were silver and black. extremely rare fish, and lots of arowanas decent size starting at 55.

Awesome place if you like expensive fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:15 am

Arowanas? Lookie what I bought today! 624749
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:16 am

Yup yup!, starting at $55 for silver ones!!!!!! And these are fry either, they are 5"+!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:20 am

I wish I had my 1k gallon dream tank for those already! Those are my favorite fish but I've never had a huge tank for them.... Some day it will happen.......
Does the store have a website and do they ship?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:24 am

http://www.aquaticwonderland.com/6.html

I would just go ahead and call them to make sure. They are Vietnamese so the accent might be a little heavy for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 11:40 am

I'm a secretary I can understand any accent and use any accent. That's fun to do with telemarketers Lookie what I bought today! Lol

Thanks I will check them out
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 12:57 pm

Haha I'm a secretary too!, except I'm also a Optician tech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 1:16 pm

I also do everything else that needs to be done Lookie what I bought today! 393849
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 1:24 pm

I do everything except diagnosis people. EVERYTHING!!!, insurance, calls, testing people, writing prescriptions, ordering contacts, EVERYTHING!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lookie what I bought today!   Lookie what I bought today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookie what I bought today!
Page 1 of 1