UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

how do i breed convict chiclid

Go down 
+2
CSnyder00
tjb0408
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

how do i breed convict chiclid Empty
PostSubject: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 2:34 pm

how do i breed convict chiclid. i did research but they wont breed i did every thing i could but they wont
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 3:17 pm

My guess is that you have two males or two females. Common mistake if you aren't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 3:35 pm

CSnyder00 wrote:
My guess is that you have two males or two females. Common mistake if you aren't paying attention.
how do i breed convict chiclid 858205

The Convict is probley the easiest fish there is to breed. Usually if you have a M and F it's on! So my guess would be you have 2 of the same sex.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 3:51 pm

Yeah, my 7in convict that at the time when I bought "her" was orange all over her body. After a week, the color was gone and she started to develop a huge bump on "his" head. Another week goes by and "he" kills all the male convicts so now he is now in a 20 gallon with a piece of driftwood that im waterlogging.

CONVICTS CAN CHANGE SEX IF THEY WANT TO!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 3:58 pm

I'm not sure about changing sex, but they can lose their dye that was used on them before you bought "her".
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 4:24 pm

they breed themselves. my Hundorans have about 100 babies swimming around.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 4:26 pm

males are bigger(4-4 1/2"), females are smaller(2").
Back to top Go down
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:57 pm

ok thanks for the advise
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 7:45 pm

I bought my convicts from someone else who had some breeding pairs, the females had an orange spot on their belly that they never lost and they were smaller then the males. I finally gave them up because every time they had fry it 150-200 each time. They bread over and over again, as soon as the fry was removed from the tank they started again the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i breed convict chiclid   how do i breed convict chiclid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i breed convict chiclid
Page 1 of 1