UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Cichlid Name <---- Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Empty
PostSubject: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 11:47 am

https://servimg.com/view/14381306/3

One of my cichlids from my older tank. Name? m/f??

thanks
cajun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 11:56 am

Looks like a Jewel Cichlid.
They come from the rivers and streams in Africa.

Don't know whether it's a M/F thou.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 11:58 am

Looks like a Red Jewl to me. Grr breeds these things like rabbits. You might want to ask him if it's M or F.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 12:39 pm

It is some kind of jewel cichlid, not sure of the exact type though. Looks like it may be female. I have been researching these guys recently and 2 times I have read the easiest way to sex the is that females have less jewels (blue spots) on their tails than males.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 1:08 pm

thanks for all the help, figured it was a jewel, but didnt remember having them before.. lol need to get some more, my favorite in my tank now..
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/11/2009, 1:12 pm

You can get a lot more Grr has 100's and he ships to Cichlid  Name    <----  Help 690297
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 12:14 pm

thanks, got some on order with Grrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 2:34 pm

Grr I want 1/2 lol! jk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 4:30 pm

KMX wrote:
Grr I want 1/2 lol! jk

your 1/2
Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Half
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 4:43 pm

haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 5:15 pm

rofl So KMX gets head and Grr gets some tail haha haha haha haha

I darn near fell out of my chair!!!! haha
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 5:23 pm

I can handle that. Cichlid  Name    <----  Help 690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 5:31 pm

That made my day! I haven't laughed so hard in a while lol! Thank you whack jobs crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 6:45 pm

Fern wrote:
rofl So KMX gets head and Grr gets some tail haha haha haha haha

and i thought i was bad haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 6:53 pm

I couldn't help myself on that one lol! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 7:29 pm

Wow... I take a nap and the whole forum explodes in spotaneous jokes and laughter! I'm never sleeping again!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime10/12/2009, 7:32 pm

Lack of sleep + heat stroke does strange things to my brain processes lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cichlid Name <---- Help   Cichlid  Name    <----  Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cichlid Name <---- Help
Page 1 of 1