UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter

Go down 
+5
Cichlid Lover
D'Claro
zeashness
williemcd
TankGirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 8:49 am

Hello all Virginia Chapter folks!

I would like to try to better organize the refreshments available at our meeting on Sunday. I think, and many agree, that last time we had too much food, and some of it was tricky to eat without sitting down at a table.

What I would like is if everyone brings a little something, merely a snack, and we all share it. We don't really need a meal here, just nibbles for when we break.

I will provide water, and if someone is interested in providing another type of beverage (I'd like to avoid anything that might stain if spilled, out of respect to Mark and Cichlid Solutions) then chime in here.

Eventually, like with most people who meet semi-regularly, everyone will have their own special food item that they always bring, and we'll settle into a routine with it.

So, if I say to you, "bring a snack to share," what would you bring?

I'll start:

Liz - hummus, bottled water

Last edited by TankGirl on 5/17/2011, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime4/7/2011, 8:58 am

Chicken-wing dip. (not the wings)... and chips?

Cocktail weenies? w/toothpicks?

Mini-homemade meatballs in sauce w toothpicks?

Take your pick once you've gotten a variety of responses. Bill
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/17/2011, 7:45 am

*BUMP* Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter 690297
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/17/2011, 6:54 pm

I'll warn you right now, I'm too lazy to make fish cookies this time around. So we'll probably be the health killers and bring soda, chips etc.
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 8:35 am

That sounds good, Ashness! I want people to bring things that are easy for them so I can figure out what people like, and we can get into a routine of certain people bringing certain things.

The cookies were awesome, however - Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter 393849
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 11:53 am

Liz wrote:
The cookies were awesome, however - Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter 393849

They sure were!

How about if I bring a bowl of grapes, cut into small bunches?
Back to top Go down
zeashness
Sergeant
Sergeant
zeashness

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angels (lovvvee platnium veils!), Diamond Tetras, Rainbows, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 11:55 am

Mhmm grapes.

Actually, I can bake something and it won't be too much work. I have some ripe bananas, so maybe I'll make a loaf or two of banana bead if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 7:27 pm

We still have about a 1/2 case of Pepsi and diet Pepsi cans left over. I will bring more drinks. I could bring some raw Brusselsprouts if you like.LOL
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/18/2011, 7:55 pm

I'm a spinach and broccoli gal myself, but I can skip them just this once....
Back to top Go down
Ms. Sick*lid
Private
Private
Ms. Sick*lid

Favorite Fish: : Oscar-dogs

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 7:13 am

I'll bring fish sticks!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 8:56 pm

I can bring a fruit tray unless there is something else you would like for me to bring.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 9:12 pm

Y'all want me to get ice again? Not sure....
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 10:32 pm

Fruit tray is awesome , Ben!

Ice will be welcome, Kim :)
Back to top Go down
parkmond131
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacock's & Haps for watching, "Flounder for eating" Yum

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime5/20/2011, 4:26 pm

Hey all,

I know this is not much help but Deb and I are still working on what to bring. I have a "BIG" cooler that I can bring for the ice, drinks etc. if y'all think we need it, let me know.

JB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter   Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food for 5/22 meeting! / VA Chapter
Page 1 of 1