UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore

Go down 
+16
Dr. Who
sUMcRAZYfISH
Kasshan
williemcd
wwright12401
ornate12
-3de-
tbarnwell
brokeashell
MarkM
proyect01
Shaysfishys
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
jb1edlover
KMX
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 11:29 am

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Apoo10
Copyright © Leigh Johnson

Just as you thought the hybrid parrot cichlid couldn't go through any more torturous bodily mutilation, our snapper picked up this one.
Balloon bodies, dyed colours, tattoos, the parrot cichlid seems to have been the number one subject for humans to try out their tricks in order to gain more fish sales. And now this...

Apparently the breeders have crossed cichlid hybrid selective breeding with new gene technology to give the parrot cichlid characteristics of fancy goldfish – a cyprinid.

Other traits now also said to be possible include lionhead parrots, veil and fantails, telescope eyes and even pompoms. A celestial eyed parrot cichlid is also said to be in the pipeline.

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 196631 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 196631 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 196631 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 10088 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 10088 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 10088
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 11:40 am

poop heads.....
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 12:06 pm

wow. you have to be kiding lol.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 12:46 pm

these people need to be shot because what they are doing to the tank fish hobby...
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 1:34 pm

Okay what the (insert colorful words) not going to say what next but this is absolutely crazy!!!!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 2:07 pm

that people have a some sort of "mental virus" the problem is a highly number of people adquire that !!! poop
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 2:34 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 2:52 pm

This is disgusting...
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 3:07 pm

brokeashell wrote:
This is disgusting...

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 858205
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 4:12 pm

This is where clubs/forums have to take a stand... It starts with little manipulations and then it goes further and further... You have to be for it or against it. There really is no in between.
I hate parrot cichlids, Flowerhorns and any other man made fish... Some say well these aren't as bad... but that's where most start... little manipulations and when those manipulatioins (FAD's) get old they go for something bigger, better and more colorful. It's all about the mighty dollar and it gets less and less about the freggin fish. Oh yeah that's my stance on this subject in case you didn't already know that!

I HATE HYBRIDS and the poop heads that create, sell and keep them! Oh yeah and for those that just turn the other cheek and say, "I don't care one way or the other!" Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 196631 take that!

Just keepin it real....
JB
Back to top Go down
tbarnwell
Sergeant
Sergeant
tbarnwell

Favorite Fish: : Angels, Show guppies, Red Zebra Mbunas
Jack Dempsey's

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 4:24 pm

Wow this has changed my mind about breeding parrots now. I think I will stick to Angels and go back to show guppies
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 6:43 pm

jb1edlover wrote:
poop heads.....

That...
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 6:45 pm

Send me a box!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 10:53 pm

jb1edlover wrote:
This is where clubs/forums have to take a stand... It starts with little manipulations and then it goes further and further... You have to be for it or against it. There really is no in between.
I hate parrot cichlids, Flowerhorns and any other man made fish... Some say well these aren't as bad... but that's where most start... little manipulations and when those manipulatioins (FAD's) get old they go for something bigger, better and more colorful. It's all about the mighty dollar and it gets less and less about the freggin fish. Oh yeah that's my stance on this subject in case you didn't already know that!

I HATE HYBRIDS and the Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 10088 heads that create, sell and keep them! Oh yeah and for those that just turn the other cheek and say, "I don't care one way or the other!" Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 196631 take that!

Just keepin it real....
JB

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 102652 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 102652 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 102652 Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 102652

I stand 100000% behind that.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 11:13 pm

Any ideas about what we can do ?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 11:20 pm

Nothing we can do but help spread the word about the downs and why hybrids need to stop.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 8:55 am

Yeah KMX is right, basically just stand your ground and be as vocal as you can. I mean I'm not talking about night time raids and busting up the "hybrid" breeding set ups...

However, anytime you see someone trying to sell, promote or give Kudos to a Hybrid, make sure to jump in and give an anti-hybrid statement. If someone comes posts a thread trying to sell hybrids jump in and tell them it's jacked up. Sometimes they go away, sometimes they stay and fight but the bottom-line is when you become vocal about it those sitting on the fence have to take a look at both sides. If you're arguement is better then maybe you sway them to your side. I've even gotten folks to switch sides. Just don't sit back and not say anything.
I have a personal friend that say's he's against hybrids but he sells them and we fight all the time about it. I'll still hang out and drink a beer with him but he knows how I feel about them.
On the HCCC (Hill Country Cichlid Club) site we have occasional "Pro-hybrid" folks come on and they always seem to go away.... it's obvious that noone likes hybrids there and they realize it and leave.
That is a more localized club and it's a little easier to maintain. USAFishbox is a very widespread organization and there will alot of different types of fish keepers and this will pose a big challenge, however if people are vocal against hybrids they too will go away. Hybrid keepers are no different from any other type of fish keepers (except their fish suck!) they are looking for folks that share a common interest. I've many times thought about starting a "Hybrid keepers" website if nothing else to get them all together and maybe they will leave the "normal" fish keeping sites alone! THen I can send em all a fat VIRUS!!! crazy

Seriously when you look at how many folks are coming aboard USAFishbox the hybrid folks are a very small Minority!
This my friends is how you bring in your 100th post!
This is JB Edmundson and I support this message!

Last edited by jb1edlover on 4/6/2011, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 10:11 am

jb1edlover wrote:
Yeah KMX is right, basically just stand your ground and be as vocal as you can. I mean I'm not talking about night time raids and busting up the "hybrid" breeding set ups...

However, anytime you see someone trying to sell, promote or give Kudos to a Hybrid, make sure to jump in and give an anti-hybrid statement. If someone comes posts a thread trying to sell hybrids jump in and tell them it's jacked up. Sometimes they go away, sometimes they stay and fight but the bottom-line is when you become vocal about it those sitting on the fence have to take a look at both sides. If you're arguement is better then maybe you sway them to your side. I've even gotten folks to switch sides. Just don't sit back and not say anything.
I have a personal friend that say's he's against hybrids but he sells them and we fight all the time about it. I'll still hang out and drink a beer with him but he knows how I feel about them.
On the HCCC (Hill Country Cichlid Club) site we have occasional "Pro-hybrid" folks come on and they always seem to go away.... it's obvious that noone likes hybrids there and they realize it and leave.
That is a more localized club and it's a little easier to maintain. USAFishbox is a very widespread organization and there will alot of different types of fish keepers and this will pose a big challenge, however if people are vocal against hybrids they too will go away. Hybrid keepers are no different from any other type of fish keepers (except their fish suck!) they are looking for folks that share a common interest. I've many times thought about starting a "Hybrid keepers" website if nothing else to get them all together and maybe they will leave the "normal" fish keeping sites alone! THen I can send em all a fat VIRUS!!! Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 672924

Seriously when you look at how many folks are coming aboard USAFishbox the hybrid folks are a very small Minority!
This my friends is how you bring in your 100th post!
This is JB Edmundson and I support this message!

lol!

I swear I always get a good kick out of your post.

yeah USA Fishbox ...we don't support hybrid... Already had to ban a few....looking for more lol! Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 3673

No but really JB is right. They are Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore 10088
Back to top Go down
wwright12401
Private
Private
wwright12401

Favorite Fish: : I love the monsters. Arowana, Red Tail Cats, Pacu, Clown Knife Fish, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 11:27 am

Seriously you all fell for that? It was posted on April 1st! That was an April Fools Day joke everyone. That is not real at all. Just thought I would let you know. lol!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 11:37 am

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breeding/Thurston_Hybrids.html

Interesting read. Lots of the fish kept in the aquarium trade are hybrids. We unknowingly keep many hybrid fish without even realizing it. I personally am not a big fan of keeping or breeding hybrids, but I try not to shun those that do.

Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 12:18 pm

I do shun hybrids to best of my abilities.... I don't have room for them and just saying, "Lots of the fish kept in the aquarium trade are hybrids" doesn't make it right. Lots of people steal, cheat and lie... that doesn't make it right.

You're one of those guys sitting on the fence I talked about earlier... You're not a big fan of keeping or breeding hybrids (which is good) however you choose not to shun those that do... Well you should!!!!

I shun the poop out of folks that willingly deal with hybrids! I may alienate myself in the end but I do it none-the-less because I believe that strongly in my position! Anyway happy fish keeping!
JB
Back to top Go down
wwright12401
Private
Private
wwright12401

Favorite Fish: : I love the monsters. Arowana, Red Tail Cats, Pacu, Clown Knife Fish, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 1:39 pm

Just another viewpoint that I thought I would share. Do anyone of you eat vegetables? How about fruit? Dairy products? Meat products? Did you know that most vegetables, fruits, and meats come from hybrids? Cabbage is a hybrid of a mustard seed. The beef we eat daily is from hybrid cows. Hybrids are everywhere in our world. We are ok to eat them daily, but not lovingly take care of them in our aquariums? Does it really matter how they came about, as long as they are loved and cared for? I have seen some so-called "fish lovers" and professional fish keepers have some non-hybrid fish that are beat to cr@p and die because they dont care about them. So why should I get slammed and be called cr@p because I have a few Blood Parrots and a Flowerhorn? My fish are loved and well taken care of. They are happy and vibrant. Why dont we stop bickering about hybrids and go after the people who say they care about fish, but dont take care of them the way they should be!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 2:05 pm

JB, did you actually read the link I posted? I'm not a fan of crossing different species of fish. I keep and breed Africans and keep all species separate to avoid having hybrids. There are a lot Of fish that are hybrids that most people aren't even aware of.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 4:08 pm

Mark I'm familar with many of the hybrids, again I don't keep them! I'll put the question back on you though, what African cichlids are in the fish hobby that are hybrids? There are a few, no doubt but to say there are many isn't true at least not with Cichlids.

As for wwright12401 I don't slam you for taking care of your fish, good job on that front. Once the fish has been created it is now a living creature. However the breeding of hybrids needs to stop. Parrot Cichlids are sterile so they can't breed which is a good thing. Flowerhorns are another story, they aren't sterile and they can breed.... they are destroying freshwater lakes in SE Asia. They have been turned loose in the wild and are screwing up the ecosystem over there. It could happen here too....

As for people that don't take care of their fish they are idiots as well and should be taken out back of the woodshed with a belt..... however this thread is about hybrids and "Bubble eye'd parrot cichlids"....... Flowerhorns are "Frankenfish" and have no place in the fish hobby IMO. It's great you take care of yours and you should continue to do so. That doesnt' change the fact that a flower horn is a fish created from 2 fish from different continents that were created in a fegggin lab!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 5:32 pm

I agree with JB 1 million %

And JB it is happening here in the US. People need to stop and say no!

Mark your link was written by someone like me and you... Just a dude with an opinion... No facts. Just b/c he says it's ok that means it's ok? NO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore   Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bubble eye parrot cichlid spotted in Singapore
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next