UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Empty
PostSubject: MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!   MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 1:48 am

This is my DREAM TANK I’ve had envisioned in my head for years!!! I already have a jump start with having my filters and sand running in a fully stocked 30gal aquarium since December 2010. But I’m moving to a new house and I finally have a chance to set up my “practical” dream tank. I’m going to monitor the water chemistry and general conditions and add fish accordingly; so my timeline is subject to change. Here is my set-up that I’m going to hopefully achieve:

SUGGESTIONS & OPINIONS WELCOME!!!

Swordtails Hi-Fin [pure red] 1-2 males, 5 females week 1
Silver Hatchet Tetras 5 week 2

Middle
Cardinal Tetras 15-20 week 4
Orange Von Rio Flame Tetras 5-7 week 2

Bottom
Kribensis 2 (mating pair) week 1
Cockatoo Apistogramma 3 (mating harem, hopefully) week 7
Blue Dwarf Cajun Crayfish 1-2 week 8
Albino Bristlenose Plecostomus 1-2 week 6
Corydoras [skunk or panda] 5-6 week 1

Miscellaneous
Lots of Malaysian Trumpet Snails and various other invasive snails most folks consider pest which are god-sends to me.
Cherry shrimp (an upgrade from the ghost shrimp I used to keep for live food for my cichlids :/ )

Plants
Java Fern, Java Moss, Anubias, Corkscrews, Amazon Swords, and Hornwort week 1
?? Ground cover not sure, baby tears?? Or some kind of creeping mossy stuff, idk
Driftwood

Equipment Essentials
40gal breeder tank L36” x W18” x H17”
2 mature AquaClear 50 filters
40lbs mature Tahitian Moon black sand
10lbs black sand Flourite
LOTS of nooks and hiding places
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!   MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 3:31 am

wow you've given it a lot of thought, good job! can't wait to hear about the progress!
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!   MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 4:00 am

^_^ pure joy for me. and i suppose ill take a few pictures too
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!   MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Icon_minitime4/2/2011, 5:21 am

Sounds good . Pic's when you got it up and running . Or maybe pic's during the process ?
Ray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!   MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY (practical) DREAM TANK!!!
Page 1 of 1