UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Platy after she gave birth...help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigmckyfan
Private First Class
Private First Class
bigmckyfan

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids

Platy after she gave birth...help Empty
PostSubject: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime3/31/2011, 10:37 pm

I have a female Dalmatian Platy that gave birth last week. She never reduced in size after she gave birth. In fact it seems as if she has a bulge on one side. She still has her gravid spot. I have enclosed a picture. Could you please share information with me about this? I want to make sure that she is OK. She is swimming fine. She has a hearty appetite. She appears to be normal otherwise.

Platy after she gave birth...help 0_imag10
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime3/31/2011, 10:49 pm

platys can stay pregnant for a long duration after being inseminated only once. if she decides to she can selectively give birth all at once (anywhere from 20-100) or several at a time (1-10). really nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 10:57 am

Platy after she gave birth...help 858205
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 12:15 pm

Lol, she will pop out babies wen she wants to but beware the fry can get big and burst out of the mothers stomach, lost a swordtail from that
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 12:34 pm

if you drop the temp a lil bit by doin a 25% water change, you might encourage her to give birth. i suppose it simulates the effect of a nice rain.
Back to top Go down
bigmckyfan
Private First Class
Private First Class
bigmckyfan

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime4/1/2011, 4:02 pm

Thanks for the advice. I planned on doing a water change this weekend anyway. Hope that I do not lose her due to her not wanting to give birth. Everyone in the tank seems to be doing OK...guess I better keep a lookout for more babies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Platy after she gave birth...help   Platy after she gave birth...help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Platy after she gave birth...help
Page 1 of 1