UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Moss tank redo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 2:15 pm

I LOVE my mosses! Changing an aquascape is so easy to do with them. Not to mention how fast they grow.

Last Jan - right after getting my mosses from overseas:
[img]Moss tank redo 10gand11[/img]

Feb:
[img]Moss tank redo Greenh10[/img]

Tear down/stripped to the structure:
[img]Moss tank redo Redo_112[/img]

Redo - now Java moss is in the back with a row of flame behind it. In the foreground I placed Flame moss on either side, then weeping, then Marimino moss in the center. Rocks with slower growing christmas moss are here-and-there.

This pic was taken just 10 minutes after I put it all back together. I did not vacuum the substrate, just rinsed the filter and let it take care of debris. Did not want to cause a recycling.

[img]Moss tank redo Redo_113[/img]
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 4:11 pm

I like it! great job setting it up. Total ground cover haha have to love moss.
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 7:19 pm

Really looks nice, nothing better than a well planted tank, and the fish think so to!
Back to top Go down

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 10:38 pm

Looks nice.....
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 12:51 am

Very Nice- I am inspired! good

Julie
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 6:16 pm

The great thing about moss and java ferns is that if you get tired of the aquascape, it doesn't bother them much to get moved around. (unlike rooted plants)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moss tank redo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moss tank redo   Moss tank redo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moss tank redo
Page 1 of 1