UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

slug / worm in fw tank?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

slug / worm in fw tank? Empty
PostSubject: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 12:20 am

Ok, so I was looking at some guppy babies today after feeding them some crunched up freeze dried brine shrimp when something caught my eye. It was a teeny like 1/3 inch and smalled tiny wormy things crawling on the rocks and glass. I also have pond snails and ramshorn snails. Any clue? They were clearish colored. I'm going to do a water change tomorrow. I'm freaking out... the tanks has guppies, live plants and 2 emerald cories. I did have otos but they died...the last one recently. If I can find these things again I will try to take a pic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 12:35 am

Probably Planeria , Usually from uneaten food in the gravel. A good gravel vac and lighten up on feeding. They will not harm your fish.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 6:13 am

Ok. I think my problem is crunching up the food for the fry and adults. I'll try less food
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 9:11 am

what color is the worm? the worm vixen is referring to is normally white but im thinking it is the same thing.
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 9:36 am

Its a clearish white. Does that make sense??
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime3/10/2011, 12:37 pm

I've seen the same thing. I heard they can come in on live plants as well. I read that if you starve the tanks for 4-5 days they will disappear. Tough to do when your fish have to eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slug / worm in fw tank?   slug / worm in fw tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

slug / worm in fw tank?
Page 1 of 1