UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I am the proud owner of a pirate!

Go down 
+6
williemcd
Ben
SchutzhundJunkie
2SciCrazed
Taylor
Snookemz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

Favorite Fish: : believe it or not, I just love guppies.

I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Empty
PostSubject: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 7:44 pm

I went to a LFS called Aquarium Oddballs to check it out. They have all kinds of cool stuff but I fell in love with one male guppy so I needed to make him mine :) On the way out I saw a lone platy fry and since they sell other fry I asked how much he went for. The guy (who I can only assume is the owner, he was making orders when I walked in) looked him over and said "You know what! He's only got one eye!" so of course, being physically challenged myself I said I NEEEEED HIM!!!! and the guy gave him to me free :)
SHE is a sunburt platy, only has her left eye, beautiful deep orange and getting along fantastically in the tank with the rest of them! I had the 10gallon ready for her just in case, but she did great right off the bat with the rest of the bunch and isn't having any problems. She's eating plenty and getting around great. I adore her, she's really cute and spunky. She does bump into things but it doesn't seem to phase her! I'm calling her Pirate (even though my daughter says its "sooo halmark MOM!") and if I had any kind of decent camera I'd take a picture of her for you guys :p
Back to top Go down
Taylor
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylor

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 7:50 pm

Haha thanks for the lol.
Glad others like the "misfits" as I call them, but I suppose
she doesn't belong in that category if she gets along with the rest
of the tank xD

Attempt a picture anyways!
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 8:26 pm

Pirates
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:17 pm

Cool- I would have done the same thing.

Good luck with her.

Julie
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:19 pm

Glad to hear she is getting along fine. Congratz on the freebie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:24 pm

Thats awesome Snook!!!!! great of you to rescue her!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:40 pm

the shop guy was very amused at my enthusiasm to take the pirate - so much so that he gave me a discount on the guppy :) that was nice and all but I would have been thrilled to take her anyway. I'll try a picture tonight, she's so cool
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:43 pm

what a great topping a a day! a rescue to a home that will give her her due!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:46 pm

One or two eyes, the cool thing is that she'll still breed! lol!
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:55 pm

I know right! I can't wait til she's a mommy (a carnivirous mommy who eats her own babies but a mommy still!) because she'll be hilarious when she's having babies. Everytime I've seen the fish drop they're frantic and zipping around the tank - she'll be running into driftwood will making her beeline through birth! I've got a male sunburst platy, mickey mouse platy, and dalmation molly so she'll have her pick of mates. I hope she gest with the molly - those would be COOL babies!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 10:16 pm

I'm a fan of 1 eyed fishies! Heck, I hatched out a 1 eyed gecko... named her captain. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 11:23 pm

Congrats on the rescue. Love the name.
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 1:01 am

I am the proud owner of a pirate!  WP_000318

there she is! kinda...she wouldn't stay still!
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 1:06 am

Hey.. at least 1/2 of her potential spouses will look attractive.. or at least half-azzed attractive... Now if I'd only found a spouse with that affliction, I'd be a knight in shining armour! lol!
Back to top Go down
fishcool619
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 2:03 am

i had gotten a tank off of some one and i found 3 baby frys one was a lil darker than the rest and i named him nemo and the other one i didnt name and then a week later i was moving decorations around and found 2 more one i gave to my sis in law which was nemo and the other ones i keep in my 10g but one just passed but the rest are doing great i really think its cool about pirate i would of gotten her myself good luck platies are cool and i love my guppies too
Back to top Go down
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 8:34 am

I've bought fish from Oddballs in Tulsa before! The owner is real knowledgeable and helpful. Some good prices too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am the proud owner of a pirate!    I am the proud owner of a pirate!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am the proud owner of a pirate!
Page 1 of 1