UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Empty
PostSubject: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 9:34 pm

This is just a homemade stand that my brother in law and I put together. I was wanting a nice sturdy stand that would hold my second 20 and 10 gallon tanks, that were complete and just sitting in the corner begging for setup. I paid about $40 at Lowes in lumber, screws, and Liquid Nails, that I didnt use, cause it came clear this thing is not coming apart as is... I have a ton of that plywood left for when this stuff gets wet and ruined, even though it would suck to have to drain the tanks that far... lol. It also has bracing for my 14 gallon tank if I ever chose to stick that on the bottom shelf, and tons of clearance on top, with that 14 in mind. The 10 gallon is my plant tank and has tons of those little snails and 1 ghost shirmp so far, but we have about 5 egg carring shrimp in my 14, its sure to increase. Came out well for me since I dont build, Im better at mending and destroying... I have more pics and if anyone wants the dementions I used, feel free to msg me, and I would be happy to share the plans.

DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. DSC02556

DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. DSC02559
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 9:42 pm

Great looking build, very nice work bro
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 10:23 pm

That stand looks like it would hold something 10X heavier haha nice work!
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 11:19 pm

I tend to "over build" too.. my father in law used to say, in italian "could hold a mountain!" Nice looking stand! Bill
Back to top Go down
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/20/2011, 10:22 pm

It is way over buit, but that is the way I wanted it. I wanted to make sure there was no way that anything can happen to my tanks. I am hoping at some point I can stain it or do more finish work on it, but first, I have to build another identical one to this for my other 20/14 Gallons. As a side note, my dogs and cats love the lower tank. I have that as my planted tank with a snail and ghost shrimp and both the cats and dogs will sit or lay in front of it and watch the shrimp swim around. I cant wait to get my tropical 14 gallon where they can see it... lol. Thanks so much for the kind words and more pics and probably tanks and stands to come... lol. Jon
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime3/20/2011, 11:05 pm

usafishbox DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. 772341
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.   DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY 20/10 double stand, every so proud.
Page 1 of 1