UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Freshwater Fish that jump

Go down 
+9
Shaysfishys
zeketaz
whisper
Keelo
lifeisgood
JACK D
MarkM
hello2196
KMX
13 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Empty
PostSubject: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 8:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Name some fish that can leap out of your tank.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 11:57 am

Killifish are tremendous jumpers and can get out a pin hole it seems.
Bala Sharks notorious
Oscars
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:01 pm

ok wow... Maybe I ment to say fish that HAVE A GREAT JUMP. Known for jumping....I think we are listing pretty much anything... LOL

PS those Bala Sharks are crazy psyco!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:13 pm

Tetras here lately. My school is getting smaller.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:15 pm

Those are 3 that I've personally kept that have commited harry carry and 1 common plec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:29 pm

The ones I listed I have found numerous body's of on the floor of my lfs. The tanks don't always get covered back up.
Or I have found several on the floor at my place........

The dojo loach was 6 feet away from the tank and the African butterfly's were 5 feet away......
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:31 pm

thats why you need lid covers !!!! unless you have 30 tanks.. lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:32 pm

dojo loaches might have the greatest jump. Those suckers can pretty much fly affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:36 pm

Oh and eels!
Those will travel from tank to tank! Had one in QT at my lfs and in the morning he was 5 tanks away with fish missing from all the tanks in between! Put him back, 2 hours later he was in the filter. Put him back. Next morning he was on the floor on the other side of the room with a rubber band around his neck....... And this guy was over a foot long.....
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:41 pm

orientalis (dwarf snakeheads) were super jumpers... they would jump out of crack large enough.... only six inchs long... but super fast...

Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 ORIENTALIS-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:43 pm

My vote bettas! and black skirt tetras. They see something they think is an insect and they go flying out of the water. The Black Skirts I have seen jump over a foot out of a 55 gal tank catch a fly in the air and back in the water in a split second. Floating plants help block their view of anything above the water.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:44 pm

My simease algae eater has jumped out a few times now lol he gets to excited about feeding time lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater Fish that jump   Freshwater Fish that jump - Page 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freshwater Fish that jump
Page 1 of 1