UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Best Freshwater Ich Treatment

Go down 
+5
Raschael
pillierox1
KMX
vman
redfishray1968
9 posters
AuthorMessage
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 9:42 am

I'd like to know your view on the best way to treat the very common FW illness Ich.
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 9:58 am

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 10:01 am

I will have to give that Aquari Sol a try. I have been using no chems. Just Aquarium salt and temps of 83 or above.
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 10:17 am

Ive used that before in past years and havent seen it in awhile ..Aquari Sol was the best ... we actually used it at a pet store I worked at many moons ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 6:18 pm

I use quick cure along with a temp increase, seems to work well
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 6:27 pm

ive been using rid ich by kordon, only thing i could find that did work. i havent heard any of that stuff, its hard to get anything its either petco or petsmart.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 6:51 pm

Salt and heat method. . . works great and is very safe! Best Freshwater Ich Treatment 393849
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 8:54 pm

I like heat and Ick Guard from Jungle. Ick Guard 2 works great as well. Only problem is that most treatments will stain tank stuff if you are not careful. Best way is to avoid ich all together and keep up with water changes and observe your fish often.
Back to top Go down
Mr Fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, and Haps

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 1:15 am

Aquari Sol does not stain the tank.

I agree with Vman on this product.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 11:43 am

Almost all ick cures contain copper, malachite, formalin, ect.........They are all about the same in the end.............................They will kill plants, fish with small scales (Tetras and Loaches), and crustaceans (shrimp, snails, ect..........................BUT, they are the best if used cautiously per the instructions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 1:48 pm

Quick cure can be used in 1/2 dose for plants inverts and what not, I always use the half dose and haven't had it affect any of the mentioned critters.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 2:10 pm

I have always used quick cure, salt, and temperature around 84-85.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Freshwater Ich Treatment   Best Freshwater Ich Treatment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Freshwater Ich Treatment
Page 1 of 1