UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

mbipia mbipi misidentified

Go down 
+4
proyect01
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
Terry
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

mbipia mbipi misidentified  Empty
PostSubject: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 10:57 am

Copied from another forum. This was posted by Deadman. Just thought some of the Victorian keepers would like to know.

back in 2007 a very small shipment of lake victoria cichlids was brought in by old world.{ the only wild caught shipment in 12 years} several of the whos who of the vic community id them.

the species known and distributed as mbipia mbipi, is actually neochromis greenwodi/ velvet black. this decision was made by ole seahausen who first described both species and he over ruled the other identification.

those of you who have and spawn this species take note. these were collected in the mnwanza gulf region of the lake.

mbipia mbipi misidentified  IMG_8790-1
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 12:04 pm

usafishbox

Getting some today mbipia mbipi misidentified  772341
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 12:08 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 12:08 pm

I got another female packing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 12:16 pm

I've got to find these! Love them. Kory where did you get yours?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:10 pm

I delivered them to him yesterday Vixen.
mbipia mbipi misidentified  772341
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:35 pm

Vixen in about a year I will let you have some. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 2:10 pm

I will have plenty more by then to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 5:37 pm

I can wait on this one! Beautiful fish.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 12:59 am

I found these information

Mbipia mbipi (Seehausen, Lippitsch & Bouton, 1998) is an epilithic algae scraper very close in many aspects to Neochromis greenwoodi. The main difference being the wine red anal fin in the Mbipia mbipi that is lacking in N. greenwoodi. (M. mbipi only carries a red rim.) The body proportions also differ slightly with M. mbipi having a bulkier body shape as compared to N. greenwoodi. It can be found in many diverse habitats from 0 to 6 meters deep from the littoral zone to offshore islands. It prefers gently sloping areas with medium to small boulders where its maximum abundance is found at 2 m deep. This is an aggressive fish that needs to be kept in aquarium not less than 75 to 90 gallons. You can't house two males in the same tank for a long time since this will end in the death of the weaker male.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 5:49 am

These are an awesomely beautiful fish !!! I WANT some ! I have 19 more tanks cycling right now and plenty of space for at least 6 . Let me know when you are going to sell and ship some juvies please .
Tanks ,, Ray
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 7:47 pm

19? NICE! usafishbox mbipia mbipi misidentified  772341
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 9:57 pm

19 , yes . that will give me 31 in the fish room and 17 in the house . YES , I gots it bad ! crazy party
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 10:01 pm

How many gallons total will you have running? And yeah I would say you have it bad lol
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 4:14 am

We have 830 gallons running in the house and approx. 850 gallons in the garage . We also have a 120 and a couple 75's sitting around wondering what to do with them.
I know ,, sucks to be me !!
here are 2 of my systems in the garage/fishroom
mbipia mbipi misidentified  5tanksystem6fttoptankSmall

mbipia mbipi misidentified  7tanksystemSmall

Ray
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 6:56 am

Very nice. Would love to turn part of my garage into a small fish room one day. Would definitely have to buy my girl something nice before i make that proposal lol.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 7:42 am

Do it ben!!!

Life you should post pics here.
https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t2758-show-me-your-fish-room
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 8:40 pm

Lots a gallons of fish space NICE mbipia mbipi misidentified  690297
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

Favorite Fish: : believe it or not, I just love guppies.

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 10:09 pm

goreous fish! Maybe I can talk my mom into these for her tank (when that happens..) they'd be all fishsexy against a planted background!
Back to top Go down
vicdude
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 10:51 pm

i have a bunch of juvies and fry of this species.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 10:56 pm

So do I. Very nice fish! Keep the species going.

CONSERVATION!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/29/2011, 6:30 am

So , Boss Man , How much you want to ship me 6 juvies when the weather gets a bit warmer her in Mi. ? I would LOVE to have that line up here !
Ray
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/29/2011, 8:43 am

To be safe i would get like 10. That way you can get a decent size group and if you lose any you wont be hurting to bad. I would ship up there for like 25-30$
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/29/2011, 9:00 am

ok ,, ten fishes plus shipping would total ???? how much ???? and do you do paypal or would you like a money order ?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime3/29/2011, 9:02 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mbipia mbipi misidentified    mbipia mbipi misidentified  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mbipia mbipi misidentified
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next