UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

need some quick help please...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

need some quick help please... Empty
PostSubject: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:30 pm

I have a 10 gallon lightly planted with some mickey mouse pltys... 2 of them are so fat right now that i can only assume there getting ready to have some little ones...

any quick fixes on two problems i might have...

1. something to cover the hob filter intake?
2. some sort of plant or moss where the fry can hide?

Looking to run to fish store or home depot tonight

thanks for any help!!!
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:34 pm

You can use sponges cut to fit and rubberbands to cover the intakes. Or some "cut to fit" filter padding. Just make sure the sponges are approved for aquarium use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:36 pm

Cover the inlet tube with a sponge (I use car wash sponges with no chemicals added Lowes $1.99 each)or a piece of panty hose. Get thick bushy plant for the fry Get fake ones if your going to a chain pet store.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:38 pm

AC10 sponges make the perfect pre-filter for a 10g. That is of course if you're using a standard 10g HOB filter. ;o)

Java Moss for the fry. Works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:40 pm

I forgot about panty hose! Those work great! Much better than sponges IMO because they are a tighter fit.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:44 pm

SeaWitch wrote:
Much better than sponges IMO because they are a tighter fit.

Well I don't know about all that. ;o)
Back to top Go down
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:47 pm

thanks for the help... i hope i'm not overreacting but two of this fish look like balloons swimming around!!!!

by the way if they do have babies what the heck do they eat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:52 pm

Finely crush (like almost a powder) the flakes you are giving the parents
Back to top Go down
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 8:56 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some quick help please...   need some quick help please... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some quick help please...
Page 1 of 1