UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

need a quick id on this salt water crab

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

need a quick id on this salt water crab Empty
PostSubject: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 7:09 pm

impluse buy, need id quick. guy didnt really know what it was.
thanks
justin

need a quick id on this salt water crab Crab2
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 7:28 pm

better pic
need a quick id on this salt water crab Photo-2
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 7:40 pm

Gross! Looks like a decorator crab maybe...
Back to top Go down
BlueReefAquatics
Private
Private
BlueReefAquatics

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 8:26 pm

Looks to be a gorilla crab
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 9:36 pm

ok, well i already put him in a 20l that had been cycling. hes the only inhabitant at teh moment. do i need to make a "crab proof" tops like freshwater crabs
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/22/2011, 6:02 am

+1 on Gorilla...hairy legs + pointed claws with black tips NOT reef safe. "crab proof" NO need.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/22/2011, 3:34 pm

sounds good thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/22/2011, 3:48 pm

i was looking at gorilla crabs and they had hair all over there body. mine only has hairy legs
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/22/2011, 9:57 pm

They are entirely too close to looking like saltwater tarantulas! BLECH! That's why I don't like the decorator crabs...never heard of gorilla crabs till now, but I can say with all my heart EEEEW! lol!
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/22/2011, 11:00 pm

i think he is too cool looking.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime10/23/2011, 12:51 am

Dam, I would hate to see one of those on some new live rock, it would have a great time in my new tank with all the softy frags etc. I'd be calling Sig Hansen to borrow one of his traps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a quick id on this salt water crab   need a quick id on this salt water crab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need a quick id on this salt water crab
Page 1 of 1