UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

mysterious cloud

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
endyfamily
Private
Private

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:02 pm

Tank has been up for 8 months. 55gal, new filter,12in bubble strip, half in. river rock and 9-2in. goldfish with 2-2in. suckers. I've been doing weekly, 25% water changes trying to get rid of this cloud, "floating" around in my tank. It will not budge. HELP, HINTS, SUGGESTIONS, or ever heard of? Open for all or any info. Thanx up front!
Back to top Go down

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:25 pm

Is it a white haze?
If so it is the beginning of an algae bloom, best thing to do is grin and bear it.
Back to top Go down

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:48 pm

Check your parameters 9 goldfish and 2 plecos will have a huge bio-load If your waters off that could cause an algae bloom. Goldfish are usually 1 per 10 gals so you are getting to a point they are growing and the tank is overstocked.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:51 pm

Hi "new filter" what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
edub
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
edub

Favorite Fish: : Volitian Lion Fish ,EEls

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 8:29 pm

How much do you feed? Goldfish are really dirty.might be the lack of bio filtration.
Back to top Go down
endyfamily
Private
Private

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime1/22/2011, 11:29 pm

Thanx to everyone with replies, I believe u r all right. 2 many fish, not enough filter, even tho it is only 6mo's old, it's not efficiant enough 2 keep up with 9 POOP MASTERS. I am going 2 add 2nd, smaller filter and hope 4 the best. Again thx 2 all, Ken
Back to top Go down
wanwalls
Private
Private

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 1:26 pm

When I had cloudy water I added Hornwort and it helped to clear the pond and bring down the ammonia and nitrite levels. I fought the cloudiness for weeks until I added the plant.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 8:16 am

If it is a white cloud - it is a bacterial bloom not an algae bloom. I've gotten rid of these two different ways:

1. Double filter for the size of tank - rapid water movement/circulation. Takes a couple of days.

2. Add a UV sterilizer filter - clears it overnight. Turn off filter until you get cloudy again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mysterious cloud Empty
PostSubject: Re: mysterious cloud   mysterious cloud Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mysterious cloud
Page 1 of 1