UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

What sized tank for 2 arowanas?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Empty
PostSubject: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 8:43 am

I really want to get a pair of silver arowanas at some point in the future but I need to know what size tank I will need to house them for their full life without stunting them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 8:48 am

i used 100g for 1 arowana before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 8:54 am

How big was he and did he look like he had space?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:03 am

about 19" long, one arowana and 2 oscar

your 90g work ok cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:07 am

I would want them to be fine at their full length of 4 ft though. They are the one fish I have always wanted since I was a kid.....
Even if I have to build a tank I will have them someday......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:12 am

u need 400g or large tank for 4ft arowana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:13 am

Is length and width more important than depth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:17 am

width
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:21 am

if you want fast grow from 5" to 20" set high temp and feed live food, i feed live small pinkies mice and gold fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/21/2009, 9:24 am

Ok, It will be a while before I can afford the tank though.....
Back to top Go down
hbluehunter
Private
Private
hbluehunter

Favorite Fish: : FW Stingrays

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 9:25 am

It really depends on if you're talking for life or just a long time.. I would say a 300 gal would do you for awhile.. You just have to make sure your're tank is wide enough.. I had 4 aro's (2silvers, 1 jar, and 1 african) in my 220 and that was a 24" wide tank.. I now moved up to a 30" wide tank which is MUCH better for aro's. They def need the turning room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 12:23 pm

I want it to be for life. I don't want to have to ever upgrade them.
Are there any tank mates that would work with them for life?
Back to top Go down
hbluehunter
Private
Private
hbluehunter

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 12:44 pm

I personally would build a pond for them just because it will be much cheaper than buying a huge tank.. But i would do 8x3x2 or 8x4x2, those would give plenty of turning room even when the fish is 3-4 feet..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 3:58 pm

Could it be outside in a screen enclosure? I live in SW FL
Back to top Go down
hbluehunter
Private
Private
hbluehunter

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 4:00 pm

I would think in FL you should be ok, what does the temp drop to in the winter there ?? You might have to get a heater for winter months..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 4:09 pm

Ummmm........ There are some nights in the winter I can see my breath?... I have no idea. I know I would need a heater in the winter though. I wouldn't need a chiller in the summer right? We see 110 here upon occasion but that's the highest I remember it ever getting.
Back to top Go down
hbluehunter
Private
Private
hbluehunter

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 5:31 pm

Yea you'll need a heater in the winter, but i doubt you'd need a chiller.. I would keep my water at around 80 or so, and even if you had really hot weather when you do your water changes your temps would come back down..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 6:17 pm

Well I would have it dug down and not above ground so I think that would help keep it cool?
Back to top Go down
hbluehunter
Private
Private
hbluehunter

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime9/22/2009, 6:36 pm

Having it dug down would def keep the temps down..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sized tank for 2 arowanas?   What sized tank for 2 arowanas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What sized tank for 2 arowanas?
Page 1 of 1