UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

KMX-this guys for you!!

Go down 
+4
BFinley
KMX
MarkM
Shaysfishys
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

KMX-this guys for you!! Empty
PostSubject: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:56 am

I know he's buffalo head got that part can't find my info on him anywhere in my notes, originally thought it was a girl only guessing boy due to fins have changed a great deal since living in the krib experiment. Anyways kicked him/her out of its cave so the color is quite pale compared to normal and unpissed off.
So any genre~ ideas in order to find a mate would be awesome!!!!
KMX-this guys for you!! DSCF3038
KMX-this guys for you!! DSCF3040
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 6:22 am

Cool looking fish. Looks like a buffalo head cichlid to me.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 8:55 am

Steatocranus casuarius 'Buffalo Head'

Awsome fish! From West Africa. They can get a little terriotorial. I would make sure he/she goes into a good sized tank with a good amount of other tank mates. They like hiding spots. KMX-this guys for you!! 772341
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 8:57 am

drool
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 9:03 am

Just make sure you don't confuse them for other Steatocranus. Like the

Steatocranus sp. 'Red Eye' and Steatocranus tinanti 'Slim Buffalo Head'
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 9:24 am

Awesome fish! good
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:13 pm

Thanks guys!!! I'll put that in my hard copy new cheat book so when out and about I can keep lookout for a couple more. Would like to spawn some of these in the future, love the blues eyes!! When there were a couple of them total blast to watch in the community cichlid enviroment, they'd coming flying out of their hideouts snag something to eat and head back, kind of reminded me some of the gobys the way they sit around when out in the open water.

Had a couple of them to begin with, they were just little tiny youngsters thought they were cute as could be. Around here there are alot of "different faces" got a thing for the ones that look like they hit the tank wall doing 90.

Will definitely make sure that I don't confuse as the hybrid cichlids are something I try to stay far away from, other than I did introduce some wild blood to my tank raised kribensis.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:26 pm

Check out Davesfish.com He has them for $10 and they are wild caught. KMX-this guys for you!! 772341
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:36 pm

Are they compatible with any cichlid??
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:54 pm

After you hooked me up genre~ knew I'd seen them somewhere on a stocklist sure enough there are WC's available in Portland for $10, will save me a few bucks on shipping to make the drive KMX-this guys for you!! 690297
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 3:30 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 5:36 pm

You guys have the COOLEST-LOOKING fish!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 5:42 pm

that is an awesome fish! Good luck on starting a breeding Program!
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 5:55 pm

Nice shay!
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 5:59 pm

Now I have a trio of them hoping that I'll get some fry here in the near future with this species!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 6:18 pm

so their mannerisms resemble gobys?
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 8:21 pm

Haven't kept many gobys, but I would say yes they stay real close to the bottom, like to hide in their caves or dig under the sponge filters, basically scoot along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 5:59 am

What is their aggression level?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KMX-this guys for you!!   KMX-this guys for you!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KMX-this guys for you!!
Page 1 of 1