UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Video of my discus tank.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Video of my discus tank. Empty
PostSubject: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 7:54 pm

Video of my discus tank. Th_DSCN4158
Give it a click!

And yes I know that cluster of eggs is bad, they are Scarface and Tigers eggs, nothing fertile has ever come from that pair..... The 2 orange guys are a nice fertile pair I will be working with soon.
Back to top Go down
sschult
Sergeant
Sergeant
sschult

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:09 pm

Really nice Video of my discus tank. 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:09 pm

The 2 orange ones (Freckles and Orange Soda) are a pair. The big brilliant turquoise and one of the blue diamonds (Tiger and Scarface) are a pair. Looking like Zorro (blue turquoise) and Blue (Blue diamond) Are thinking about pairing and Freckles isn't liking it much!
Tiny Tim and Cuddles are the 2 that are always getting picked on....
Back to top Go down

Thank you Sam!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:12 pm

Nice fish, nice video, nice plants. Apon. Bov. not in your other plant pictures. They are real nice huge plants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:21 pm

The big wrinkly leaf mystery bulb? Got that thing for $.50 with one tiny little pathetic leaf on it!
Some plants do very well in there... some don't, still figuring it out.

Its a 90g and I plan on replacing it with a 120g, not the long one but the more square one.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:27 pm

Very nice, they look great! The first pair will get eventaully lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:11 pm

I think one of them is sterile. But later on I can break the pair and put them in with a proven one of the opposite sex to figure out who has the issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:21 pm

With the price you paid for them one sterile one isn't bad. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:26 pm

Ya and I only have time to play with one pair at a time so its all good!

With what all has been done with discus in the last 20-30 years I'm surprised sterile ones don't show up very often!
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:10 pm

Very nice video Fern.....Plants and fish look great.......My Blue Diamonds don't have as high a dorsal fin as yours........I wish I could handle more tanks with Discus and plants than the 55 I now have, but it makes me feel good to See yours doing so well.

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:29 pm

I do have a 36" dual satellite coralife coral fixture on it, only running one bulb on it though. I turn on the actinic bulb just for S&G's some times though, boy it makes everything look funny lol! I do need to get a regular bulb for that side so I have a spare for when this bulb burns out on me.

Swapping them all over to the 120g will be a huge pain but I think everyone will be much happier with the extra space! The smaller ones are getting picked on a little too much for my liking....

Other than the 9 discus in there there is also 3 male (cant find females) Adolphoi corys, 4 really old (6+ years) albino corys and a male and female long fin bristle nose plecos. The discus pretty much ignore the other inhabitants of the tank. The corys can even run smack into a discus on their mad dash to the surface and the discus don't seem to ever care!

On the initial set up I just went around to my various planted tanks and the sump and picked the nicer plants out that I thought would do well in there, some didnt do well at all and had to be moved back out. But some have taken off like mad! The giant hygro, thin leaf hygro and trident fern are the most impressive in their growth rates.
I aimed for a nice quiet place to hide in the back corner for the discus, some cover for the corys and a fairly open swimming/feeding area and I think it has worked out quite well.

Thank you guys for all of the compliments! I wanted this tank to be a nice show tank and I think I have done quite well at making it so Video of my discus tank. 393849 All of my other tanks are functional tanks and far from show tanks rolling eye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:32 pm

If the fish are happy it's a show tanks so all of yours are show tanks. Video of my discus tank. 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:35 pm

lol! If only lol!
I got the discus originally to be a pretty colorful fish in a very nice tank, but they have turned into so much more!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:41 pm

I was sort of new to the forum when you got them and from your SL I thought you would be bored by them. Never judge a book by it's cover. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:52 pm

They are a very cool fish! Full of personality! They sure surprised me on how much spunk they have!

No comments on the music in the background? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:53 pm

Hey I liked the music! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:56 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of my discus tank.   Video of my discus tank. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video of my discus tank.
Page 1 of 1