UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New pic of my discus tank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New pic of my discus tank Empty
PostSubject: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:01 pm

New pic of my discus tank DSCN3830
Currently has 5 discus in it along with 2 lfbn plecos, 4 albino corys and 3 adolfoi corys. Oh and its a 90g
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:25 pm

What tall back plant is that in the left corner area? I love the design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 6:57 pm

Its the thin leaf version of the giant hygro. The leaves get about 8" long but are only 1/2" wide. Its a cool plant and grows fairly easy for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:00 pm

Thanks Fern, I like it. will have to try to find some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:01 pm

rolling eye Need a sprig?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:06 pm

when I get some money. I will let you know. lol! Really tight budget at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:07 pm

10-4 New pic of my discus tank 393849
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:12 pm

nice fern, whats the rerst of the flora in there, i like em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:29 pm

hmmmmm not sure on half of them lol! I can get a few close up pics and post them New pic of my discus tank 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:56 pm

The thin leaf giant hygro
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3842New pic of my discus tank DSCN3843
Giant hygro
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3845
some crypt?
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3846
Trident fern
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3848
Java fern
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3849
some bulb plant
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3850
Trident fern and Freckles
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3851
Thin leaf hygro, aromatica something, java moss
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3853
crypts and aromatica something
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3854
some spiral sword and stuff
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3855
Giant hygro
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3859
My help funny
New pic of my discus tank DSCN3860
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 7:57 pm

Its all pretty much just stuff I pulled out of my sump!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 8:20 am

Thats Awesome!The Discus are very beautiful!!I'm jealous!!

yes lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 9:29 am

Very nice fern,. Looking to breed or just playing for right now?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 1:18 pm

That is a very nice tank! I'm jealous! I could never keep plants alive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 6:30 pm

Plants have always been easy for me, I had a nice planted tank at 6 years old with gravel and a UGF, shouldn't have worked but I did it!

I have my pair in a 45g by themselves, they keep laying eggs but nothing more yet.

Apparently I'm now sort of an apprentice crazy The breeder I got mine from is slowly getting out of it due to his post polio syndrome, so hes slowly teaching me how its done New pic of my discus tank 393849
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 11:31 pm

Fern, what temp, pH, and hardness do you keep their water at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 9:32 am

Temp 82-83 GH is 9 and PH has dropped down to 5...... I try to aim for 7-6.5 on the PH though chin But they are due for a water change...

They were born and raised on the same tap water as I have so for the community I really don't mess with the water. I am trying to get a fixer-upper RO for the pairs tank though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pic of my discus tank   New pic of my discus tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New pic of my discus tank
Page 1 of 1