UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)

Go down 
+3
wildbeanerz
CSnyder00
2SciCrazed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Empty
PostSubject: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 1:17 pm

Got the digital working! Yeah for employees who actually KNOW what they're talking about at BestBuy!

Only halfway to completion now. Waiting for the mosses to come in and the sealant to dry on some more crystal. Here's how it looks now:

Inhabitants: Glofish, C.algae eaters, ghost shrimp, one snail (removing snails to other tanks - they like to push under lava rock!), one bamboo shrimp

Plants: Duckweed, Java Moss, Java Fern, Marimino moss (spread out onto rock), dwarf hairgrass, onion.

Hardscape: Lava Rock, Fluorite crystal (water sealed)

[img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) 10gand10[/img][img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) 10gclo10[/img][img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Hometa10[/img][img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Algaee10[/img]

Last edited by 2SciCrazed on 1/10/2011, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 4:14 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 4:23 pm

Very nice! Very well done.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 9:53 am

Added the 'crystal flows' this morning. Trying for the look of a crystal waterfall splitting into two crystal streams.

[img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) 10g_cr10[/img][img]Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) 10g_cr11[/img]
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/10/2011, 11:09 am

Looks good. yes
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 11:41 am

wow very cool idea! I saw a small fluval tank at one of my LFS using only crystals asteh substrate for some mountain minnows and I got inspired! lol
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 11:49 am

nice tank
Back to top Go down
Demonkegman
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Demonkegman

Favorite Fish: :
Salt water - Lion fish.
Fresh water - Arowana.
Food - Any type of Salmon sushi.

SALT WATER LOVER!!!! Fresh...... not so much...

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 1:57 pm

love it, awesome tank...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 1:59 pm

Wow Love it.
Back to top Go down
tomany
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : abn plecos right now. But it changes so much, I see a new fish and want to keep it, too. That's how I got so many tanks. I really want some rams and loaches now.

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime1/30/2011, 2:02 pm

Great looking tank good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)   Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress of 10G 'crystal garden' (updated pics!)
Page 1 of 1