UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction

Go down 
+3
KMX
BFinley
2SciCrazed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Empty
PostSubject: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:08 pm

I made myself feel better this morning by grabbing my daughter's colored pencils and sketching how I want to set up the two tanks that I'm having to tear down and swap next Wed. (be kind, I'm not an artist)

Drawing #1: The Panfish/crayfish move to the 55G. Bamboo plants will be recycled from the collapsed system, substrate and river rock will be shoveled out of my creek, slate slabs will be purchased from a local landscape supply - total cost of makeover $10-20

[img]Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Tank_d11[/img]

Drawing #2: The 'Survivers' move to the 29T. Big dead oak aquasculpture recycled from collapsed system, most plants recycled from there as well. Will need to buy some neat rocks, fresh sand and another flat of java moss - total cost of makeover $10-20. I'm just going to stick with the Dinosaur Bichars and Cories that survived for now. So no new fish for a while.

[img]Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Tank_d11[/img]

Opinions on designs?
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:12 pm

Crud! The first drawing IS NOT the 55G! Here it is!

[img]Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Tank_d13[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:16 pm

they're the same pic!
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:17 pm

Gotta look at my second post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:17 pm

oh okay! sounds good, looks good.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:34 pm

Looks good!Can't wait to see some pics when your done!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:46 pm

Looks like you have meny talents. Hope to see the real thing when you complete it.
Back to top Go down
hatman
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
hatman

Favorite Fish: : I don't have favorite a fish, but I really enjoy my Christmas Fulu's. Also my 125g community tank.

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 1:58 pm

Looks good! I wish I could draw like that.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 6:05 pm

cool, well done. good drawings.... did you check out the website for virtual tanks adding fish, landscape, plants, etc... it was posted last week...

keep those pics coming..... hope everything works out with your project after your bad situation of no power!!!
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 7:43 pm

I like it !

It's looks easy on the eyes and very understandable.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/23/2010, 11:15 pm

awesome drawings
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime12/28/2010, 9:07 am

Got into the building yesterday, was itching to 'make things right' before any chance of other faculty dropping by. The hall no longer smelled. The room only smelled like someone had eaten a bunch of tuna (thank god!) the water in the 55 had gone from brown thick fish soup - to a crystal clear 'weak tea'. The over filtration/aeriation did it's job!

Ok, so 4 1/2 hours later......

55G was completely broke down, cleaned, sterilized, and reconstructed close to what the drawing looks like. Drained the water out of the 29T that is above the other 55 (easiest water move ever! Let gravity move it through the cleaning vacuum!) Added a bit more of tap. Left it still 6" low though... Daughter caught panfish/crayfish and tossed them in. They seem happier and look much better in the big tank!

29T was pulled down from shelf after moving water/fish to 55G. Cleaned, sterilized and reconstructed close to what the drawing looks like. Filled it up half-way with water from the Malawi tank. Topped off with tap to drop pH. Was able to recycle quite a few swords from the collapsed system. Also, the survivors were: 2 Bichars, 4 mixed Cories, 1 dwarf frog. They seemed very curious when they got dumped into the newly remodeled 29T.

My friend with the digital camera wasn't able to come. I'll try and get pics on Thurs. (Yeah, I've got the cheapest phone on the market - no camera!)
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime1/9/2011, 12:28 pm

Here's the 'finished' tanks.

[img]Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Tropic10[/img][img]Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Brim_t10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction   Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawings of the 2-tank reconstruction
Page 1 of 1