UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Empty
PostSubject: hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?   hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 1:12 pm

ok, so I keep forgetting which tyoe of catfish I have, so I went looking him up (I keep thinking he is an iridescent catfish, but quickly found out that was wrong lastnight). I was reminded today that he is a pictus catfish and found this discription of him on planet catfish-

Quote :
Two colour forms appear for sale. The first, Peruvian, variety has large ''dalmatian'' style spots all over its body with smaller spots around the head. The other, Colombian, variety (which reportedly grows larger) has many more spots that are smaller, less clearly defined and almost pin-prick size on the fish's head. This differentiation should only be used when comparing fish of a similar size as both patterns change with age.

Now, here are two pics from planet catfish of the Peruvian style-
hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Peruvi10
hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Peruvi11
(Ifound maybe one on planetcatfish of the Colombian style, but it wasnt very good, most looked Peruvian)
and here is two of mine-
hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Img_0229
hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Img_0310

Now, I got mine from Petsmart, could it be that they are selling the Colombian style, which gets bigger than the other one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?   hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 1:16 pm

If it's from petsmart it's probably a hybrid of some kind or very young.
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

PostSubject: Re: hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?   hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 1:32 pm

I have had him for a year now, and he is only about 4", I could see it possibly being a hybrid, with it coming from Petsmart and he is not larger than 4" (as the Colombian variety is suppose to be larger).... my guess is both types were cossed to make one that looks Colombian but without the size maybe?
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?   hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:05 pm

I think my catfish i have is called a pictus. Looks just like that if im thinking correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?   hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hmmm, could the LFS be selling the Colombian Pictus cat?
Page 1 of 1