UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

For the serious goldfish enthusiast

Go down 
+2
SeaWitch
kaida
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kaida
Private First Class
Private First Class
kaida

For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Empty
PostSubject: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 12:34 pm

I know not every one digs goldfish quite like I do but for those who love 'em I've got a site you need to visit! www.goldfishconnection.com (not a forum) The guy who runs it, Rick, is VERY knowledgeable and a great wealth of information for those hard to crack cases that no one else seems to be able to solve. He sells pure bred, high quality fish as well as his own line of foods and medications. Since I've done alot of rescue and rehab for fish over the past 10yrs I've found pretty much every thing that works and doesn't work. His Medi-gold and Metro Meds are one of the safest and most effective things I've found thus far to treat a wide variety of diseases and species. They are two things I couldn't do without! I'm not trying to sell for this guy it's simply a fact that his products work better than anything else I've ever found.

Check out some of the fish he has up for grabs right now! I can't get one but it sure is nice to window shop lol!

For the serious goldfish enthusiast  AUC_168_17_1

For the serious goldfish enthusiast  AUC_168_20_1

For the serious goldfish enthusiast  AUC_168_33_1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 12:51 pm

wow They are beautiful! Thanks for the info. I gave up goldfish back in the 1960's but these photos are not what I think of as goldfish. lol! I may have to set up a cold water tank. MTS all the way!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kaida
Private First Class
Private First Class
kaida

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 2:24 pm

I used to breed and show goldfish. The stuff you see in American pet stores is garbage (No offense to those who love their petsmart pond puppies). What you see in pet stores is the stock breeders don't want to keep for themselves and American breeders tend to go for quantity over quality anyway. Check out Asian blood lines and you may rediscover how awesome goldfish really are!
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 7:32 am

I miss my tele!!! I would love to have any one of those fish, but I just can't afford Ken and Rick's shipping prices. However, I do agree that Medi-Gold and Metro-Meds are the best meds for goldies!!! For the serious goldfish enthusiast  858205
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 7:34 am

good
Back to top Go down
kaida
Private First Class
Private First Class
kaida

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 10:51 am

Hey Nick glad to see you joined I missed you lol
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 10:56 am

I have missed you, too!!!! Like crazy!!! crazy I just love this smiley!
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:05 pm

Beautiful Goldys!!
Have always had soft spot for them, when I lived in WA there used to be an Asian LFS that we could get the "show quality" fish. The few in the pond now there are a couple super nice telescopes the others are just pet quality that got double dipped in personality. LOL
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 3:27 pm

The "pet quality" types are my favorite! Ha-ha! Most of my goldies are rescues, just like Kaida's. To me, even those tend to be the ones that don't have a long life-span (because of all the cr@p they went thru before we got them) they are the ones that have the most personality and charm!
Back to top Go down
Judy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 12:55 pm

Hi,
I'm Judy in nevada. I keep Goldfish inside and love them! From reading here I guess I have the Mutts but I think they're beautiful anyway. I'd love to have some of the fancier ones but as someone said shipping is crazy.
I like the golds because they're hardy and easy. You just need to be willing to keep their tank clean.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 1:13 pm

Judy welcome! What part of NV?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 1:38 pm

Looks like all the pic links are broken?

I need to start widow shopping koi and goldys, Looks like I will be digging a pond next year for some. So sharing links like that is appreciated For the serious goldfish enthusiast  393849
Back to top Go down
Judy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 3:29 pm

I'm in Reno.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:54 pm

That is great!

Going to the Chapter Meet this Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Judy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:12 pm

Probably not. That's for real fish people. I just have a few gold fish. I'm on here to learn because I have had problems in the past and didn't know what to do.
Judy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:47 pm

The meeting are for everyone! From guppys to goldys to cichlids to bettas, all are welcome! Meet your local fishy people, its always good to have some local support For the serious goldfish enthusiast  393849
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:52 pm

Judy wrote:
Probably not. That's for real fish people. I just have a few gold fish. I'm on here to learn because I have had problems in the past and didn't know what to do.
Judy

You got on here... I would say you are a real fish person.

You should go I bet you won't regret it! For the serious goldfish enthusiast  102652
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 11:49 am

Steve at RainGarden has some beautiful fish, too. Also his shipping is more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Judy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 12:11 pm

We'll see if we can make it. We have a ranch which is a full time job but the weather may be bad that day so we won't be able to work outside much.
I do love my fish and think about getting a bigger or another tank. Hubby thinks it's too much added work even tho I'm the one who cares for it. As a matter of fact I had back surgery in Nov, came home and after 2 weeks I just had to clean my tank. I have to stand on a chair to reach all the way to the bottom because it's tall . Well I stepped down from the chair and my leg gave out on me because it was still weak. It was affected by the spine. You guessed it....I fell backward! Not a good thing but no serious injury because my poor dog broke the fall. We crazy pet people.
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 7:57 pm

kaida wrote:
I used to breed and show goldfish. The stuff you see in American pet stores is garbage (No offense to those who love their petsmart pond puppies). What you see in pet stores is the stock breeders don't want to keep for themselves and American breeders tend to go for quantity over quality anyway. Check out Asian blood lines and you may rediscover how awesome goldfish really are!

Very true! All the goldfish at pet stores are garbage...Not that they dont make fine pets but they are usually poorly bred. I used to get my goldfish from the people here in LA that import them from China and Japan. I'm always glad to meet another goldfish enthusiast. party

PS
Check out my barrel pond :)

https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t6418-my-barrel-pond
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the serious goldfish enthusiast    For the serious goldfish enthusiast  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the serious goldfish enthusiast
Page 1 of 1