UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

People, People, people.....NO!!!!!

Go down 
+10
mike205
alan j t
khrister
alkomist
dcninja757
Holey Rock of Texas
mark
BFinley
istrober
KMX
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 9:41 am

First topic message reminder :

PLEASE !!! CAn we stop doing this?!?!?!?!?

People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 81851 People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 81851

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/for/2108156608.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pet/2109578757.html

I am pretty positive that the peson selling these is not a memebr of the forum. (thank god) but if you are please let me know and I will ban you People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 67702

People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 998851
People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 232963
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 7:24 pm

I hate any intentional selling, giving or passing along of any hybrid cichlids. I'm a big opponent of hybrids and I've been fighting against them over at the ACA. I'll continue to fight them as well. If you like hybrids fine, keep em at home and enjoy them yourself. Idiots like the craigslist poster are ruining it for the rest of us. I have a nice big "knocking stick" for any Frankenfish I see!
JB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 8:50 pm

anyone with a nice big oscar or arrowana? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 12:16 am

the second listing is still active
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 9:28 am

flaggggg
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 4:13 pm

well i love flowerhorns they are hybrids just like a mixed breed dog
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 11:35 pm

doctor horn wrote:
well i love flowerhorns they are hybrids just like a mixed breed dog

That is what most people think. But breeding two different species of fish (like to create a flowhorn) is not the same as a bulldog and shitzu breeding. It is more like a dog and a wolf. Why do we call them "hybrids"? b/c they are just that......We don't really know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:12 am

how is is it like a wolf when the all the fish used to make a flowerhorn are sold to people as pets .People also dont like races to mixed but i think they are good people too.man maded all breeds of dog and them called them pure breeds,and all dogs come from the wolf.to me it is like paint there is only three true colors until you mix them
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:32 am

People dont kid yourself we are all keeping fish in a tank .do you think they would choose your tank over freedom .At lease the flowerhorn belongs in a tank.yes it true if would be bad to release them into nature but it is also bad to release any fish into water systems they are not from like the snakehead.
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:41 am

everything is about money dont kid yourself the real reason people dont like flowerhorn because of their price . to be a offical menber what does it take money.what is the main reason for this place to make money .If this get me flagged banned kicked out what ever this is a fart from my @$$ then just my view.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 6:04 am

Doctor Horn, I doubt you'll get booted for giving your opinion/view. We can agree to disagree. I really wish "you guys" would start up an association if you feel you have such numbers! Create a National Flowerhorn Association! Stop trying to bring down the ACA and other organizations. The problem is there aren't as many of you guys as you think and you need to piggy back off of others to even have a place to show your "Franken-fish". FLowerhorns are so played out there is a Chain store here that is selling them for $3-4 as small juvie sizes. I bought some the other day to feed my cats, so they definately have some use.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 9:29 am

doctor horn wrote:
how is is it like a wolf when the all the fish used to make a flowerhorn are sold to people as pets .People also dont like races to mixed but i think they are good people too.man maded all breeds of dog and them called them pure breeds,and all dogs come from the wolf.to me it is like paint there is only three true colors until you mix them

Your wrong that is your opinion and it is wrong. A white person and an asian having a child is much different. You are talking out of your poop

doctor horn wrote:
People dont kid yourself we are all keeping fish in a tank .do you think they would choose your tank over freedom .At lease the flowerhorn belongs in a tank.yes it true if would be bad to release them into nature but it is also bad to release any fish into water systems they are not from like the snakehead.

We are keeping fish in a SAFE tank. In the wild it is servival of the fittest and I would bet that I can get more fish to survive here then in the wild.

doctor horn wrote:
everything is about money dont kid yourself the real reason people dont like flowerhorn because of their price . to be a offical menber what does it take money.what is the main reason for this place to make money .If this get me flagged banned kicked out what ever this is a fart from my @$$ then just my view.

Your opinion again. But then again in most cases it is all about the money, Cant disagree there. To be an officaial member here it is free, To be a CM it is $20 a year (which helps maintain the site, yearly fee, and stickers and what not. Not like we are getting rich over here of CM's lol! The main reason for this place IS NOT TO MAKE MONEY it is to grow the hobbby and share information with each other. YOu are DEAD wrong about that.

To me Dr horn you sound like someone I know People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 690297

If you give an opinion about your flowerhorn that is fine but I would settle down on calling the site out. Has nothing to with the subject. Watch your mouth or you will be banned and removed.

DO NOT GET IT TWISTED. THis site is here for knowlege and fun. Not Money.

jb1edlover wrote:
Doctor Horn, I doubt you'll get booted for giving your opinion/view. We can agree to disagree. I really wish "you guys" would start up an association if you feel you have such numbers! Create a National Flowerhorn Association! Stop trying to bring down the ACA and other organizations. The problem is there aren't as many of you guys as you think and you need to piggy back off of others to even have a place to show your "Franken-fish". FLowerhorns are so played out there is a Chain store here that is selling them for $3-4 as small juvie sizes. I bought some the other day to feed my cats, so they definately have some use.

I am glad you and I have the same outlook on Hybrids. No body else really has the cahunas to say anything. I mean what do you get out of one big ugly mutated fish swimming alone in a 90G tank. WHAT A WASTE!
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 12:48 pm

Many of you keep mixed African Cichlids in the same tanks....Now there are so many color varieties that I don't know how anyone could keep up with it.....To me this is as bad as hybridizing.......Just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 1:37 pm

I keep mostly species only tanks, I do have a few tanks with 2 species in them, but they are so different a hybridization would be easy to recognize. If it did, I cull the fry....
I give away males all the time,.... but I don't give any females away unless I know the person is "Like minded" to my beliefs. I don't care how hard you try but 2 males aren't going to breed... they might try but it's not going to happen. Keeping a mixed tank isn't bad at all, IF you keep the fry and grow them out enough to make sure they are "pure" and not "hyrids".
INTENTIONAL HYBRID BREEDING of fish for Monetary gain is a load of cr@p and those that do it are jackasses.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 2:02 pm

dano wrote:
Many of you keep mixed African Cichlids in the same tanks....Now there are so many color varieties that I don't know how anyone could keep up with it.....To me this is as bad as hybridizing.......Just an opinion.

^^^ makes a point!
alot of ppl do this and are really carless of what species to throw in a tank......they do it all for the color

then boom you some how get a SA and african cichlid cross but kept in the same tank...........
sold to ppl or credited for em at the LFS
its dumb just stick to one type per tank ......................would be safer
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:12 pm

i dont put one flowerhorn in a tanK I put two of them and 200 hundred more tcome
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:13 pm

and at lease be honest they you good
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:14 pm

i am not agaisnt the site making money it was just to back up what i said everything is about money
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:32 pm

i breed flowerhorn because i like the way they look
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:35 pm

my fish turn circles and i can hold them in my hand they are great fish to own they are not monster
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:37 pm

i have had all types of fish i just like the flowerhorn the best thats just me
Back to top Go down
doctor horn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:41 pm

to me a hybrid should surely be keeped in a tank it doesn't belong in the wild but all your really do belong to where they came from should do you not also play god when you take any fish from its naturual habitat
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/17/2011, 3:44 pm

To me Hybrids are poop and I represent USA Fishbox to the max. If you don't like that then I don't want you here. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People, People, people.....NO!!!!!   People, People, people.....NO!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People, People, people.....NO!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2