UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania

Go down 
+16
doradid
jake
fish head 378
proyect01
mike205
Terry
CajunGator
Lydia
thebanker
khrister
juice04
hatman
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
BFinley
kinsol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/11/2010, 12:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I've been working with this group for 2 years now and they have giving me plenty of fry I keep them in a 125g tank with a sand bed and flat holey rock that they love to breed in. Here are a few pics that Id like to share of the males.

This picture here is of my dominant male who was going a bit to fast for me lol
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2593

This picture is of my sub dominant male
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2596
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2592
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2602

This is pictures of some of the fry im growing for the show tank
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2597
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2599

and a picture of the Red Empress in there with them
Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 116_2600

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
proyect01
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 9:03 pm

Really nice fish kinsol !!! Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 393849
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 9:56 am

Thanks I have allot of juvies growing up so come this summer I wanna start shipping.
Back to top Go down
fish head 378
Private First Class
Private First Class
fish head 378

Favorite Fish: : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 8:48 pm

Really nice fish. Beautiful colors. I wish I had room for some.
Back to top Go down
jake
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
jake

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 9:00 pm

hey man,I would love to get some juvies off you.I usually dont do shipping,but for these fish I'll make an exception and pray alot!!!I LOVE these fish.I had a pair once,but a chlorine spike did em in.It changed the way I do my water changes,always doubling or tripling the amount of de-chlor is the only way to go for me since.I miss those 2 alot and have never seen them in stores,I got mine from a local fish farm thats now out of biz.
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 2:06 pm

Jake Ill PM you.
Back to top Go down
doradid
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : my niger cat, irwini cat and motoro rays

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 8:23 pm

by far my favorite looking fish. almost look fake
Back to top Go down
BubbaG
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Kigoma, Blue Dolphin, Alto Compressiceps, Yellow & Orange

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 11:13 am

I love this Hap and want some, trying to decide if I am going to start up a new tank for them or add them to my 125. I have a 180gl that should be up and running this fall. In my 125 I have 8 fonts Kigoma, 3 Yellow Comps and 3 Moorii Blue Dolphins, 2 bristlenose. They are all being grown out the largest font is 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches. Do you think I should wait?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 11:26 am

awesome fish.. definitley want a one in my sisters all male show tank!...
usafishbox
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 3:05 pm

Bubba these fish are very mellow so they should do good depending on the size you get them as for the Dolphins I've owned a few that have gotten aggressive towards other haps in my tank.

Cajun you cant go wrong with one of these there just BEAUTIFUL to look at.
Back to top Go down
BubbaG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 5:40 pm

So do you think I should wait till I get my 180 set up or add them to my 125 for now. Everybody gets along fine in the tank so far, a couple of my fonts are the biggest. My concern is I don't want to stunt anyones growth with too many in the tank, they are all being grown out.
Back to top Go down
BubbaG
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 5:41 pm

Looking to get some around the 2" to 3" range.
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/12/2011, 3:09 pm

Sorry dont have any that size im sure if you post that your looking for some someoone might have some that size, for the growth part Water Changes.
Back to top Go down
Labridens_182
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : All Cryptoheros Species, Marbled Convicts, Placi. phenochilus 'Tanzania', Hypselecara temporalis, Laetacara dorsigerus, Paratheraps synspilus, Frontosas, Midas cichlid, Herichthys labridens 'yellow Media Luna', many Cyprichromis, Metriaclima zebra 'OB Blueberry', many Tropheus.

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 4:37 pm

Those Phenochilus are really beautifull!!! They are among the best looking ones I have ever seen!!! Really nice!!!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 8:26 pm

Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 858205
hey labridens do you have any fish pictures ?
Back to top Go down
daniellev
Private
Private
daniellev

Favorite Fish: : Malawi peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 1:42 pm

I love these guys!! They have to be one of my most favorite fish! Good lookin fish there!!! :)
Back to top Go down
kinsol
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
kinsol

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/4/2012, 3:19 pm

Thank you I enjoy starring at these guys.
have some White lips also but these guys are more impressive to me.
Back to top Go down
Cichlidkeeper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/4/2012, 5:27 pm

Nice Fish, I love it when they get that size, Knowing how slow and long it takes its really worth the wait. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania   Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2