UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

what to go with cichlids?

Go down 
+2
KMX
dcninja757
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

what to go with cichlids? Empty
PostSubject: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 1:54 am

I've kept apple snails with cichlids before... I'm looking for something different... any shrimps or crabs that i could keep with my cichlids?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 7:45 am

I would not put any shrimps or crabs with your cichlids. Cichlids will make them food sooner or later....and probley sooner lol!

I am surprised you had a snail survive with Cichlids. Usually they like anything they can put in the mouth.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:28 am

what to go with cichlids? 858205
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:24 pm

I had black mystery snails and they were fine in my cichlid tank.... no shrimps or crabs... I mean if you got a adult size blue crayfish... maybe... I wouldn't risk it tho..
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 10:35 pm

malaysian trumpet snails will always survive with anything do to the fact they multiply so fast and go under the gravel/sand
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 10:36 pm

MTS= free fish food for cichlids
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 10:46 pm

LOL might not even have to feed the cichlids anymore with the MTS in the tank lol
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 12:19 am

i had a big apple snail before like 3 or 4inches. he did fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:37 am

mts are hard for most fish to eat but they do multiply.........
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 11:16 am

Crunch the mts up a bit then toss them in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to go with cichlids?   what to go with cichlids? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to go with cichlids?
Page 1 of 1