UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

flourescent light?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 8:59 pm

The light that came with my tank has an annoying purple hue. What should I look for in order to get a nice bright white light?
Back to top Go down

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:19 pm

That is most likely a plant bulb.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:42 pm

You may have gotten a actnic bulb for saltwater......Many of the plant spectrum bulbs are blue but not overly so.....You can get the daylight bulb from any hardware store if you want plane light....This type of spectrum does little for the fish colors or live plants.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 10:53 pm

now it's been a whiole when they sell bulbs for a 48" fixture... it's really a 38" bulb right?
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/2/2010, 11:32 pm

It should be the 6500k output bulb GE makes them about $20 for a case or $5 each sold at home depo works very well on tanks. If you have a single bulb in your lamp for a 55 it should be a 48" bulb.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/3/2010, 12:53 am

yea it's the single, cool so i need a 48" bulb. i'll definitely have to stop by there and snag one? 5 bucks is it? really?
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime12/3/2010, 1:02 am

Yes they are realitively inexpensive...make sure it is a 6500k out put i believe it is a "Super Daylight" bulb, but it will say 6500k on the box
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flourescent light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flourescent light?   flourescent light? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flourescent light?
Page 1 of 1