UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Ones that taste the best...prefer them to be raw

Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Empty
PostSubject: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 12:54 pm

Brief History:

I have a 58gal Oceanic. It has been with me for almost 15 years. I had recently let it exist with a rather large common pleco (he was bought when I bought the tank and was moved to it as soon as I had cycled it). Anyway he finally went to fish heaven and really was the only reason I had the tank set-up anymore. I had felt he stuck with me and I owed him the same. BTW no way to flush a fish that big (he was about 16" when he died).

Anyway, in that process, I have since decided to redo/ and maintain the aquarium again going back to Africans. My 15 year old Fluval 401 crapped out and has been replaced with a FX5 (thanks Pitbull). I have replaced the crushed granite with sand. (I placed the granite in mesh bags and let it sit a for a couple of weeks in the tank to not lose too much of my good growth in the substrate).

During this time I have maintained fish in the tank with some feeders, and scavengers.

I have also added some Holey Rock (more to come as soon as I get over to David's place near SMU).

I am however ready and wanting to get the fish side of stuff going. I am looking for it to be colorful but also would not mind if I ended up with some breeding though I know little about it. (I had a tone of live bearers as a kid and even bred bettas once for the experience).

Can I get some fish recommendations from you all, and if you are in or near the DFW metroplex and have fish you offer let me know that as well.

Also definatly interested in a couple of more unique pleco's. I prefer them small as I think its fun to watch them grow.
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 1:22 pm

I HAVE PLENTY OF KENYI FRY I NEED TO GET RID OF!!!! THEY HAVE A REAL NICE BLUE TO THEM WITH BLACK STRIPS. STILL TOO SMALL TO SEX BUT THEY LOOK REALY GOOD.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 1:24 pm

Glad to see your ready to set up a tank. It's the best thing ever! If you need any peacocks or other good looking Africans let me know I have a lot to offer. You live in Plano so if you bought a decent amount I can ship them for free ;0) If you would like to come take a look for yourself just let me know we can set something up. I have plecos aswell. Thanks! Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) 772341
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 1:59 pm

Mansfield is close enough for me to drive I would think.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 2:05 pm

Yeah its not to bad about 45-1 hour. My shipping is only $15 bucks thou. That would be your gas. Anywho whenever you have time swing this way.
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 2:18 pm

KMX wrote:
Yeah its not to bad about 45-1 hour. My shipping is only $15 bucks thou. That would be your gas. Anywho whenever you have time swing this way.

Gas and time vs. not seeing what I am getting...also being able to look ask etc.

I will go with the drive.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 2:30 pm

I hear ya on that. Your more then welcome anytime just give me a shout!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/14/2009, 4:39 pm

bimmertech has some nice fish too, and he live close to u Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) 690297
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/15/2009, 2:09 pm

bimmertech wrote:
I HAVE PLENTY OF KENYI FRY I NEED TO GET RID OF!!!! THEY HAVE A REAL NICE BLUE TO THEM WITH BLACK STRIPS. STILL TOO SMALL TO SEX BUT THEY LOOK REALY GOOD.

How small is too small? I figure small is fine as long as they all grow together.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/15/2009, 3:09 pm

i also have lots of africans. i live 3 miles north of downtown dallas.
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/15/2009, 3:15 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
i also have lots of africans. i live 3 miles north of downtown dallas.

Yeah I have been trying to get to your place for a few weeks. I need to get some rock from you too!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime9/15/2009, 3:20 pm

yeah. lol. i have been in and out. i will be home for a while i think now lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)   Time for some fish (wanting suggestions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for some fish (wanting suggestions)
Page 1 of 1