UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Kulhi Loaches

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 5:12 am

I have 2 kulhi loaches in my 55g planted tank i never get to see this guys only ones every several months. Is there a way to get these guys more active and visible?
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Ones that taste the best...prefer them to be raw

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 8:10 am

Oh I assure you they are active and visible at night. Those lil guys can't help but move around and have fun. The thing is they like to hide a lot when the lights are on.

Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 1:32 pm

The pair I passed on to my friend with the unheated 20L - go NUTS when it's feeding time. She feeds at the exact same minute every day - right after she turns the light on.

Perhaps you could condition them the same way. I know my Rapheal cat was a ghost until I started dropping shrimp pellets right after I turned the main lights of my classroom on. Now I see him every weekday.
Back to top Go down

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 3:17 pm

Give them lots of places to hide and get 3-4 more of them, then you will see them!
The more places they have to hide the less they will hide and they feel the most comfortable in groups of 5-6 and some corys would also help them be less shy, mine were always buddy buddy with my corys Kulhi Loaches 393849
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 4:23 pm

Kuhli's are nocturnal and very seldom are active during the day. Not saying that they aren't...just not known for it. The best way to watch these guys is to get an actinic light and turn it on at night when the regular lights go out. Then you'll see them out and about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kulhi Loaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kulhi Loaches   Kulhi Loaches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kulhi Loaches
Page 1 of 1