UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Kuhli loaches?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/25/2009, 6:53 am

I was wondering if kuhli loaches will eat snails?
Back to top Go down
MIKEJ0226
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MIKEJ0226

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 10:05 am

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 10:09 am

they do!! not very fast tho.
Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 8:01 pm

Only 1 to 2 baby snails a day as far as I can figure.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 8:17 pm

yeah i have 4 in a 20 gallon tank and i still have snails everywhere.
Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:17 am

Dojo loaches and tiger barbs will eat them
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Ones that taste the best...prefer them to be raw

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/27/2009, 1:35 pm

If you have a source for the lil critters let me know. I have looked for them for the past couple of years with little success.
Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 8:31 am

Which critters the loaches or the snails?
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 8:33 am

Fern wrote:
Which critters the loaches or the snails?

The loaches, I figure if I want the snails I can sneak one in the tank and wait a day until it spontaniously explodes into about 2 or 3 thousand of them.
Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 8:39 am

LMAO! oh so true snails seem to do that. I will take a look around and see what I find. What kinds of loaches are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 8:41 am

Kuhli....Not sure why I love to watch these critters.
Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime9/28/2009, 9:10 am

There are 3 different kinds of kuhlis just so you know. The standard and chocolate and black. I have found them online on quite a few sites before so they can be found.
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 5:19 pm

Skunk loaches will eat all the snails they can find! If you can find a few of those guys you'll never have snails again. Tiger loaches will do the same. Both are kind of aggressive for loaches though.

I got snails from some plants but after i got the skunk and tiger loaches i never saw any again.

PS
Some people will call Clown loaches Tiger loaches. They are not the same! Tiger loaches are VERY different!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kuhli loaches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuhli loaches?   Kuhli loaches? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kuhli loaches?
Page 1 of 1