UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Is this too much?

Go down 
+5
typicaltony
musiccitycichlids
KMX
mike205
strawman1985
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:27 pm

I have a 29 gallon standard aquarium.
Im planning on adding plants and fish. So far I have 5 black skirts and a java fern. I also want to get Hornwort and maybe some other plants.
Im also wanting to get some neons 8?
A red tail shark
2 Severums
2 corys or maybe one Cory and a Raphael cat
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:29 pm

you should be fine for a little while as long as you have good filtration
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:30 pm

Im running a whisper 30/60...
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:36 pm

it should be enough with the plant in there
i run a emperor 400 on my 29 gallons
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:38 pm

A better filter my help but sounds good to me so far.
Back to top Go down
musiccitycichlids
Sergeant
Sergeant
musiccitycichlids

Favorite Fish: : Benthochromis Tricoti, All variants of Zaire Blue, Calvus, Trophs, Gobies, Rhamphochromis, Lethrinops, African Tigerfish(in my dreams)

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:46 pm

Severums need a larger tank, but everything else should be good
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 9:00 pm

gonna get atleast 2 more plants also..
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 9:01 pm

hopefully when they are bigger i will have my 55 back running
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 9:44 pm

take out the red tail shark and severums.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 9:46 pm

what would be nice lookin alternates? I would like some non schooling fish also
Back to top Go down
Caton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Caton

Favorite Fish: : All of them?

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 11:02 pm

A female betta? Can be nippy...
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 3:22 am

Maybe some rams, if you're looking for cichlids? Stay small, non-aggressive for the most part, gorgeous colors. A little on the sensitive side but no more so than the neons. I was going to say kribs, but I'd be afraid to put them with neons. If they decided to breed they could terrorize your neons in a 30 inch long tank. I've always seen them want quite a bit of territory at that point. The rams I've seen raising babies, on the other hand, haven't seemed to be as easily riled by a long shot. I haven't personally kept kribs yet, though, so I could be wrong. Rams I have with no problems. A rapheal will make quick work of your neons. I'd go for at least three cories(julii's are pretty and stay small) and a queen burmese loach(super interesting even kept singly and very nice patterning). The loach will also make short work of any snails that hitchhike in. Really a yo-yo loach would do even better but aren't quite as pretty although they are still cute.
Back to top Go down

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 5:41 am

If you can't fit 3-6 corys leave them out, they are a very very social fish.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 6:44 am

I think it sounds good to me too.. good luck! Is this too much? 772341
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 7:56 am

Thanks JL. I have had Kribs in the past and could keep nothing with them except buenos aires tetras...they were too big and too fast for the kribs..that was in 10 gallons also so in 30 maybe they would be ok. The rams are something Id considered and will look into the loach also. Thanks a bunch!
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 9:21 am

never thought about cory's bein social.. i think I can do 3 in there
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 9:32 am

dont get any balloon belly rams tho. get the bolivian or just rams as i found out the balloon body rams just dont do good period. it might be the travel back home but they died 2 days after i got them. my water read perfect. so i would not get any of those. the regular rams r gorgeous, bolivians r really pretty but dont hav color wen their young.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 9:34 am

u can even do kuhli loaches, i luv mine their awefully cute
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 10:14 am

Ive doen the rams before..been a few years..they were fun and very colorful..never tried kuhli loaches before
Back to top Go down

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:11 pm

Corys are very social, the bigger the group the happier they are.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:41 pm

thanks for that Fern.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/9/2010, 2:53 pm

kuhlis stay small so there very cute a little worm lik fishies but hav huge personality. mine r pretty dog piling each other and my black one has become attached to my clown knife lol.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/10/2010, 9:29 pm

added 2 peppered catfish and a bronze cory as well as a banana plant
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/11/2010, 9:05 am

very nice!!! hope u hav a good time with them bc mine likes to sleep on top of my fire eel lol
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime9/11/2010, 9:38 am

hahaha...mine were goin wild last night...all over the place..think I may still add one more..kinda want a panda also. Local pet store had 1 bolivian ram..if they would have had 2 now they would have none
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this too much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much?   Is this too much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this too much?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: