UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

a few pics of my pond

Go down 
+6
alkomist
fishfriendly
istrober
unknown
BFinley
wildbeanerz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

a few pics of my pond Empty
PostSubject: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 10:10 am

This is an ongoing project. We moved here in 11/08 and I love this pond. It is completely natural and spring fed from two underground springs. It never freezes and water is a contant @ 52degrees year round. Brrr! when working in there! Any way when we first moved in it was so overgrown you couldn't see the rocks around the edges and I have been working at weed/overgrowth removal by hand as much as possible. Last fall I dumped in like 50-75 'feeder' goldfish and this spring my hubby bought about $60 more of small goldfish and I really don't see them. Could be that they escaped through the rock dam or that the pond is too big and they are really good hiders!! I plan this weekend to place pond liner along the dam and put the rocks back over it to eliminate the chance of them getting out and also bring the water level up about another foot. Anyway...here are some pics...

The boxers trying to get to the little duck that was calling our pond home for a while. They come & go as they please.
a few pics of my pond DSC01112

Pond in winter...
a few pics of my pond Pond1

Inlet springs and bridge...
a few pics of my pond Inlet_after3

Inlet spring before cleanout...was filled with watercress...
a few pics of my pond Inlet_before2

Hope I'm not bombarding you all with these pics!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 10:17 am

Nice pond!!!
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 10:28 am

Very nice!!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 11:24 am

Beautiful pond!, take some more pics when is ready!!
Back to top Go down
fishfriendly
Private
Private
fishfriendly

Favorite Fish: : Let's see...leopard danios, white tipped tetras, long finned rosy barbs, hatchet fish, white clouds, platys,
guppies, glofish, heteromorpha rasboras, neons, etc...

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 11:41 am

Great pond! Hopefully your fish will come out of hiding soon, and you can get some
pictures of them as well!
We have 33 acres here, and have 2 ponds- but unlike you...haven't done a thing
to improve them yet. Not that we don't want to...just have been busy doing other
projects. Do you have any idea if goldfish would survive in a pond that already
contains other fish- such as brim, catfish, and bass? I've considered putting a few
goldfish in ours, but didn't know if they could co-exist with what's already there.
I guess I'd have to make sure I put good sized goldfish in there, huh? To keep them from all getting eaten?
Your pond is beautiful already! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 1:25 pm

WoW!!!! that pond looks sick!!! and what makes it better is that its natural!!!! ur house is awsome!!! lol

also.............you see that duck your dogs want to eat in the 1st pic!!!!
well theirs your problem!!! ducks eat fish!!!!!! lol
also idk bout fish in the winter!! i think they freeze to death!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 2:21 pm

Very, Very Nice.. love the contrast of winter and summer on your POND..
AWESOME

yes
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 2:48 pm

alkomist wrote:
WoW!!!! that pond looks sick!!! and what makes it better is that its natural!!!! ur house is awsome!!! lol

also.............you see that duck your dogs want to eat in the 1st pic!!!!
well theirs your problem!!! ducks eat fish!!!!!! lol
also idk bout fish in the winter!! i think they freeze to death!!!!! lol

I see you are from CA...outdoor pond fish don't freeze even if their water does. They hibernate. But luckily my pond never freezes as shown in the winter pic. We had three feet of snow that day and not a speck of ice. If you look close you can even see green watercress growing near the inlet spring at the right of the pic.

I have read that ducks eat fish. We also have a heron that visits the area and I have seen him there. cursing That is one of the reasons that we let the dogs have it with the pond. Thinkin that they will keep away the heron.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 3:37 pm

get a paintball gun;) lol
JK JK!!!!!
keep the dogs out their!!!!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 3:55 pm

Fern did you see that WATERCREST PLANTS????

WOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 5:58 pm

That looks very nice!!!
Be careful that nothing you add escapes into the wild.
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 8:59 pm

nice are you sure that something isnt eating the goldfish
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 6:52 am

mike205 wrote:
nice are you sure that something isnt eating the goldfish

It is quite possible that something is eating them. They were all small (under 3").
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 7:45 am

Wow ! I can't wait to get something like that.

Keep the pics coming cheers

Cute boxers! rock on
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:31 am

drool drool
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 1:56 pm

I have a good bit of algae in the front corner of the pond that I have to pull this weekend before working on the dam. I might take a few more pics after the work is done.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 2:14 pm

Awesome setup, i wish i had one looking like that! Congratz for all the hard work.

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a few pics of my pond   a few pics of my pond Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a few pics of my pond
Page 1 of 1