UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Kribensis Babies

Go down 
+2
istrober
FishFolksLLC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FishFolksLLC
Private First Class
Private First Class
FishFolksLLC

Favorite Fish: : Sunshine Peacock, Frontosa, when they are babies

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 1:22 am

Well about a month and a half ago i purchased some kribensis and now a pair of them have about 25 little ones to look after! I just noticed the babies tonight. In the next month or so i should have some to get rid of so hit me up if you are interested. Another name for this breed is Purple cichlid or Dwarf rainbow. These are the first fish I have succesfully had breed in my own tanks so im pretty excited.
Back to top Go down

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 2:04 am

Congrates on the fry. My pair breed every 10 to 20 days, but they are killers and can not be kept with anything. they killed 2 SAE,s 2 angels, 3 black skirts and numerous cardinal tetras. All in one night. They now live in a 20 gal by themselves. The oldest fry are about 4 months and just now about 1.5".
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 6:19 am

Congratz! very nice looking fish, amazing colors! Kribensis Babies 393849
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 7:51 am

Congratz!!!!!!

good
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 8:23 am

Last edited by vman on 11/26/2010, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FishFolksLLC
Private First Class
Private First Class
FishFolksLLC

Favorite Fish: : Sunshine Peacock, Frontosa, when they are babies

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 1:12 pm

i know i know i know I MUST GET A DIGITAL CAMERA!!! My fafsa money checks are gonna be coming in soon fo school and im buying a camera. My phone just wont cut it.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 1:37 pm

how did you do it ive been trying for months now with these fish and no luck im starting to think they swing the other way lol
Back to top Go down

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 1:46 pm

I've bred many pairs over the years. I never thought this pair was going to breed either I had them 6 months. They are older fish so I thought they were to old. Now they're worse than bunny rabbits. Patience when it comes to kribs.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 2:08 pm

Congradulations. Kribs were the first egglayers I ever bred. Awesome fish, seems like they used to be very popular, but are getting hard to find around here.
Back to top Go down

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime8/10/2010, 2:53 pm

I had to order mine I could not find them in Richmond Va. You're right they used to be very popular in the 70's I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kribensis Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kribensis Babies   Kribensis Babies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kribensis Babies
Page 1 of 1