UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Black spots show up on and off?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenakis
Private
Private

Black spots show up on and off? Empty
PostSubject: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 3:21 pm

Hello all,
new to the site. Learning to navigate and such. I do have a question. I have two earth earter cichlids. They seem to develop black spots throughout the day and then disappear. What is this? Is it an optical illusion? They also are seeming to chase one another. Is this common?

William
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 3:23 pm

Do you have any pics? What earth eaters do you have?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 3:59 pm

if the spots are showing and vanishing that quick i am guessing it might be part of thier coloration which is dependant on mode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 4:28 pm

Sounds like stress spots. Most fish have them and if they are showing its usually a sign of stress.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:25 pm

post some picts fish
Back to top Go down
calihawk
Private First Class
Private First Class
calihawk

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:28 pm

Hmmm....I had a Red Devil that did that but it lasted a week. And one forum said that they get that when they want to mate, idk. The black later disappeared though and I took him back to the shop anyways he killed 3 of my precious Chinese algae eaters and 2 crawdads
Back to top Go down
Xenakis
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 9:45 pm

Cool. Have not gotten so fancy as to post pictures yet. I will do later. I am sure it has to do with stress or something of the kind. It is the evening and neither of them has the dark black spots right now. It also might be the angle I am viewing them from as well. Just looked over and. Well, thanks for the advice. On to the next set of fish to get.

Bottom right corner has one of the Earth Eaters.

Black spots show up on and off? 81_the11
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 11:02 pm

nice. i like what you did with the wood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black spots show up on and off?   Black spots show up on and off? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black spots show up on and off?
Page 1 of 1