UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Red Empress with Juvie males

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

Red Empress with Juvie males Empty
PostSubject: Red Empress with Juvie males   Red Empress with Juvie males Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 1:49 am

So, it has been a while since I last bred Red Empress, and I was wanting to start a breeding group again. Actually picked up some fry to deversify my strain from KMX yesterday afternoon. I have about 5 juvie males (<2"), or at least I believe they are all males, from the last grow out group that I had. I also have one 2.75" male (male - according to his fins and he was the dominant fish of about 20), which I purchased at Rift 2 Reef. I only kept one female from a breeding group I used to have, and she is 4.5". I was getting anxious to see some color and introduced her to the goup of 6. I was watching her tonight, as I haven't had the normal observation time lately, and noticed she was chomping her lips a bit. I netted her after lights out tonight and held her so I could get a good look into her mouth, and sure 'nough nice tan eggs just starting to show white tips... I have never had such a small male breed with a female. They aren't even showing color yet. This is a weird first for me, feeling confused... I just recently bred albino OB's and now this. Thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Red Empress with Juvie males   Red Empress with Juvie males Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 7:32 am

Nice.

I hope all works out for you. If you need anymore just let me know.

Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Red Empress with Juvie males   Red Empress with Juvie males Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 7:35 am

Good Luck, with your breeding program! I currently have one female holding also. yea!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Red Empress with Juvie males   Red Empress with Juvie males Icon_minitime7/15/2010, 7:44 am

Good luck with the breeding!Those OB fry you gave me are doing great and are very aggressive with each other I'm going to have to put them in seperate tanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Empress with Juvie males   Red Empress with Juvie males Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Empress with Juvie males
Page 1 of 1