UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pseudotropheus Saulosi

Go down 
+2
vman
istrober
6 posters
AuthorMessage
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Empty
PostSubject: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 7:09 am

Scientific Name: Pseudotropheus saulosi
Pronunciation: s-d-tr-f-s sou-l-s
Geo. Origin: Taiwan Reef
Habitat: Deep Rocky Habitat
Diet: Herbivore
Gender Differences: Dimorphic
Breeding: Maternal Mouthbrooder
Temperament: Aggressive
Conspecific Temperament: Aggressive
Maximum Size: 4"
Temperature: 78 - 82°F
pH: 7.8
Water Hardness: Hard
Difficulty: 2

Comments:
The saulosi is a very popular Mbuna in the aquarium. It doesn't grow very large and both males and females possess amazing colors. They are both born yellow and only the males become blue when they get sexually mature. Carrying females can develop male coloration too, probably to look aggressive in order to scare off potential fry robbers or to claim a territory to safely release the fry.

Habitat: This is the primary location where the cichlid is found and is a generalization. This does not mean a fish cannot be found in other habitats.

Diet: Many cichlids specialize in eating one type of food; notwithstanding, some of these specialized feeders are flexible and can be opportunistic feeders.

Temperament: This describes the overall demeanor of a cichlid toward other tankmates that
are of a different species. Consider that there is variability in temperament due to various factors, including aquarium size, tankmates of similar appearance, stocking levels, and order of introduction.

Conspecific Temperament: This describes the overall demeanor of a cichlid toward other tank-
mates of the same species. Consider that there is variability in temperament due to such factors as aquarium size, stocking levels and order of introduction. There may even be some variability among individual specimens.

Maximum Size: This is in regards to total length (including the tail) of typical aquarium specimens.

Wild specimens may not attain this size, or may in fact grow larger than aquarium raised individuals due to various factors. Also consider that this is the typical maximum size and there are exceptional individuals that will exceed it.

Difficulty: This measure is a relative value, comparing a single species against all other cichlids.
This only accounts for maintanence in the aquarium and not breeding considerations.
1 = easy and forgiving, 5 = extremely challenging.

Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Saulos10

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:04 am

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:05 am

Yeap. im still on a chase of a male cuz i have 2 females and one is to small it can turn on to a male..
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:17 am

cool fish. i have some but none for sell. i also placed the source for your info in your post.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:20 am

Oh ok, i didnt know we had to put the source on the library, but thanks!! Pseudotropheus Saulosi  393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:23 am

yeah really the library if for our members to make up thier own style / post this way we do not have to site it. it something is taken exactly from somewhere then we do.

good work either way!!!!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 8:42 am

Ok, on my next post ill try to do it on my own but sometimes i have to get resource from google cuz i dont know everything about the fish.. but ill make it original as possible!!.. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 7:27 pm

Very nice! I was just thinking of looking into these guys, we just got some in at boardroom!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 7:28 am

Yeap those are the ones i just bought over there, the yellow ones i found out they all females, rich didnt have a male that day... which is blue.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 7:40 am

I bred lots of those in the past. Until the Msobo became my favorite dimorphic fish. ask Kory if he has a spare male to sell you. He is breeding those too.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 8:17 am

No mas I sold the group when they got bigger.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 8:20 am

Yeah ill probably get some on boardrooms ac., of course right after i get im done with the ich on my tank.. Pseudotropheus Saulosi  690297
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 5:05 pm

I counted at least 3 males in the tank
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 6:17 am

Yeah the thing is that rich had a blue male in there just like the one on the pic, and he told me is not the same fish, i guess he didnt recognize it...
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:46 am

Great addition to the Library...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:50 am

If its the tank that the convicts were in then yes those are saulosi, the albino guys in with them are hap ruby green. I was the one that moved them all out there so I know those are the only guys in that tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pseudotropheus Saulosi    Pseudotropheus Saulosi  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pseudotropheus Saulosi
Page 1 of 1