UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Making my female Red Emp spit.

Go down 
+5
thebanker
Ghoulish_chaos
bristlenosedude
CajunGator
KMX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Making my female Red Emp spit. Empty
PostSubject: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 12:38 pm

This is at 6-7 Days.

Click the Videos!

Making my female Red Emp spit. Th_SDV_0454

usafishbox

Making my female Red Emp spit. Th_SDV_0458
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 12:41 pm

Very nice Videos... Big red Empress.. Lots of Eggs... CongratZ

yes
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:19 pm

Use of a q-tip to hold her mouth open makes it lots easier, especially when dealing with smaller species or when the fry are full term. They just don't flow out then like fresh eggs do. I have even done this with cyps who have fragile mouths with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:29 pm

Nice video
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:41 pm

nice, any particular reason for stripping them this early? seems like a extra task to have to tumble them. Or maybe it make sense if you think the female would swallow the eggs and you wouldn't end up with any.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 3:58 pm

cool nice good luck with all those eggs
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 9:39 pm

thebanker wrote:
nice, any particular reason for stripping them this early? seems like a extra task to have to tumble them. Or maybe it make sense if you think the female would swallow the eggs and you wouldn't end up with any.

No reason really. I usually wait about 10 days but I did it a little early here. I just don't like them holding full term b/c there is many opportunities for the mother to lose fry, being prego is stressfull and they cant eat.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 9:57 pm

cool, can't argue with that.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 2:50 am

I just bought an egg tumbler from phung. May have to try it in the upcoming days...
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 6:01 am

Nice job KMX!!, hope you wont missed any fry in there.. good
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 8:31 am

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 8:58 am

I don't do that do to the risk of losing fry. I like getting the fry early to get as many as I can and to reproduce faster.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 11:56 am

i wanna do it just to test out 76dragons DIY tumbler i got...
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 10:57 am

Nice video and congratz!!!!

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making my female Red Emp spit.   Making my female Red Emp spit. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making my female Red Emp spit.
Page 1 of 1