UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Red Cherry Shrimp

Go down 
+9
Ghoulish_chaos
istrober
alan j t
svaha
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
typicaltony
KMX
thebanker
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

There in a 2.5 gallon dedicated to them right now, hopefully i can get some breeding started. Going to pick up a 5 gallon at petco whenever i stop being lazy to upgrade there space.

Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Rcs
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/24/2010, 4:39 am

mark wrote:
How long do cherry shrimp and ghost shrimp live?What do you feed them?
1-1.5 years for cherry's ,the ghost shrimp I dont know for sure. I feed my shrimp a good high quality fish food and Hikari algae wafers.
Back to top Go down
Mlegion1988
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Mlegion1988

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 3:19 pm

Does the spawn make good fish food? lol i know im horrible, lol live food is soooo good for fish
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Favorite Fish: : Hoplias malabaricus (wolf fish) but cant have one where I live now.

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 3:50 pm

I know a few people, thats how they thin theirs out, drop in a DIY shrimp trap (coke bottle) with some food in it,half hour later feed them to the fish
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:25 am

they breed, but i don't think they produce fast enough to make feeders. Unless you wait until you get a nice size colony going so you won't miss the ones you take out.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 10:35 am

Why use them as feeders? Grow them out and sell them. They normally bring a pretty decent price.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 3:09 pm

this shrimp wanted to go white water rafting. he/she had a pretty good grip on the driftwood.

Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Rcs2

Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Rcs1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Cherry Shrimp
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2