UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Red Cherry Shrimp

Go down 
+9
Ghoulish_chaos
istrober
alan j t
svaha
CajunGator
Holey Rock of Texas
typicaltony
KMX
thebanker
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 5:07 pm

There in a 2.5 gallon dedicated to them right now, hopefully i can get some breeding started. Going to pick up a 5 gallon at petco whenever i stop being lazy to upgrade there space.

Red Cherry Shrimp Rcs
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 5:34 pm

wow . Very nice size and nice red also. I got mine about a month ago. 12 of them and today I noticed one with babies underneath her tail. So im pumped!
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 5:51 pm

cool, i had brought a couple that were berried but i've only seen one batch actually hatch, i think the other molted and left her skin and the eggs behinde.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 5:54 pm

why not go big and dedicate a 40g breeder for them? its on sale at petco right now lol!

they will breed so much until the tank is crowded and they will stop breeding and pretty much die off
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 6:45 pm

i picked up 2 40 breeders the other day. The problem is i don't even have room to set those up lol. There put up until i do, but i can fit a 5 gallon on a shelf easy.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 6:51 pm

cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 6:57 pm

very nice... they are pretty neat.. super red!

sad thing aaron is the shrimp and crawfish in our tanks might soon be the only ones left in south louisiana!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 7:21 pm

Dose the skin need to be taken out? Like dose it have an effect on the water quailty like a dead fish would?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 7:40 pm

i dont think so... my crawfish skins get eaten by them... disappears quickly...
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Favorite Fish: : Hoplias malabaricus (wolf fish) but cant have one where I live now.

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 6:54 am

I always leave the molt in the tank,was told they eat it for the calcium and other minerals.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 1:41 am

nice
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 6:12 am

Wow nice shrimp!! i hope you get a good breed from that!! good
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Favorite Fish: : Hoplias malabaricus (wolf fish) but cant have one where I live now.

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 6:46 am

thebanker wrote:
There in a 2.5 gallon dedicated to them right now, hopefully i can get some breeding started. Going to pick up a 5 gallon at petco whenever i stop being lazy to upgrade there space.

Red Cherry Shrimp Rcs

If they like the water conditions they will reproduce,like little rabbits
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 7:47 am

mmmm I need to get some of those... banker put me on your list!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 10:20 pm

How long dose the female hold the little ones on her tail?
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 10:23 pm

Around 3 weeks depending on water temps,they usually drop off the tail right after they hatch.

Last edited by svaha on 7/5/2010, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 10:24 pm

quote from WIKIHOW:

Quote :
Female shrimp should get greenish or yellowish eggs under their tail within 30 days of you receiving them, if they don't already have eggs. Female shrimp get a yellowish "saddle-shaped" patch behind their head. These are eggs in their ovaries. The eggs should move to their tails in 7-10 days. Once the eggs are under their tails, the eggs will hatch in 3-4 weeks. You will notice how the mom fans the eggs occasionally to prevent fungus from growing on them. The eggs will hatch faster if the water is warmer. You may wake up one day to find tiny clear shrimp on the plants, or on the bottom. Baby RCS look just like the adults, but they are very small, about 2mm long, and clear. But their shape is the same as an adult RCS. Shrimp will not eat their babies unless they are starving. Besides, the babies are quick to get away.

http://www.wikihow.com/Breed-Red-Cherry-Shrimp
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/5/2010, 10:38 pm

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/6/2010, 2:41 am

When I worked at LFS, we would always get females in with a lot of babies.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/23/2010, 2:13 pm

Some new video of mine. They are breeding likee crazzzzyyyy

Click the video!

Red Cherry Shrimp Th_SDV_0480
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/23/2010, 3:18 pm

kewl Dude,looks like they are happy.
Back to top Go down
mark
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/23/2010, 10:34 pm

How long do cherry shrimp and ghost shrimp live?What do you feed them?
Back to top Go down
metrofish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
metrofish

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/23/2010, 11:04 pm

wow cool shrimp
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/24/2010, 4:23 am

mark wrote:
1-1.5years for cherry's ,the ghost shrimp I dont know for sure. I feed my shrimp a good high quality fish food and Hikari algae wafers.

Last edited by svaha on 7/24/2010, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
svaha
Sergeant
Sergeant
svaha

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime7/24/2010, 4:39 am

mark wrote:
1-1.5 years for cherry's ,the ghost shrimp I dont know for sure. I feed my shrimp a good high quality fish food and Hikari algae wafers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Cherry Shrimp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Cherry Shrimp   Red Cherry Shrimp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Cherry Shrimp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next