UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

wat can i feed my fish??

Go down 
+6
BFinley
sal
KMX
ricardorocks
CajunGator
alkomist
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

i know that u can feed ur fish fruit and veggis sometimes!
i see em doo it all the time at petsmart and petco!
they feed the fish oranges, pees, squash and stuff!!!
i wanna know if theirs any other type of fruit and veggis that fish wud eat?
i wanna know wat (if u do) u feed ur fish......
so far iv tried oranges....ehh they picked at it a lil...by the end of the day it was gone.....
watermelon......my green severums loved it.....so far thats all iv tried lol
LMK ppls!!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 10:30 am

Always works like a charm... lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 10:35 am

wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Lol she just called me! i asked her to feed the fish!!
she said that they just picked at it a lil!! its all still floatin round the tank!
i guess they gotta get acustomed to it!!
their all used to bloodworms and pellets and flakes and stuff!!!
gotta breake em in to the good stuff!!!
did u have any truble at 1st?
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 10:55 am

I had a little trouble with a few of them in the beginning. I worked it into their regular rotation of the processed foods to the point that they are now getting some of my mix daily. I usually give them the home made stuff for their night time feeding. I think it only took two or three feedings before they were taking it out of my hands.

Just be patient and feed them small amounts at first. As they grow accustomed to it, you can increase the amount to their regular portion of food.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 11:01 am

koo!!! thanx bro!
also do u leave ur mix chunky?? or do you just liquify the heck out of it till its like really watery lol????
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 11:30 am

depends on who I'm mixing for. Fry and small mouthed fish need it mixed as small as you can get it. I usually leave some small chunks in for the larger fish, but try to get it small enough to be bite size.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 12:00 pm

koo thanx!!!! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 12:59 pm

I use; zucchini, carrots (brings out red/yellows) peas (digestion), shrimp, fish, spirulina.... and some times other stuff. I toss it all in the blender then put small amounts in ziplock bags and squish it all flat and put it in the freezer. I feed mine to all of my fish from time to time.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 1:21 pm

nice fern!!!!
now....everything uv listed.............is that all together in the blender???
or are the meats just for the carnivores?
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 1:26 pm

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 1:28 pm

Everything all together. Even the carnivores get vegetation with their meals by way of the stomach contents of their food. The vegetarians get meat in their diets by way of micro-organisms living on the plants.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 1:35 pm

dang u guys is samrt!!! lol
every 1 i appreciate the info!!! thanx!!!
how thin of a layer of food mash do i spread on the kookie sheet bro??
mine was pretty thick!! lol
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 1:57 pm

Thick is fine. You will determine the serving size when you cut into cubes. If you have a thin layer, you will cut it into larger squares. Thicker layers will be cut into smaller squares. Depends totally on quantity you need to feed. Since I have numerous tanks of varying size and occupancy, I don't worry too much about it until I am feeding. Then I just grab an appropriate sized cube for the tank being fed.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 2:03 pm

great!!
i didnt mess up!! lol
now i just gotta get em used to it!!!
gracias!!!
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 2:41 pm

Glad I could be of assistance. Let me know how their adjustment comes along.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 2:44 pm

well i went home for lunch real quick.i fed the fish a lil they still picked at it and thats it...i think ill just feed em that till they getused to it. if they dont eat then theyll starve! then they wont have a choice!! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 5:09 pm

yes, I mix it all together. Ita about 50-50 veggi and meat, I only feed it 1-2 times a week but I feed it to everyone. I fill the ziplocks and flatten them so that they are about the thickness of the bulk blood worm packs and break off the right size chunk for the quantity of fish I am feeding. Everyone from my cichlids to my mollys likes it!
Sounds like the next batch I will be adding a better variety of veggis in it! I had never thought to add all of the others in there.
Back to top Go down
intensitti
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
intensitti

Favorite Fish: : Angels and Discus

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:30 pm

don't forget the garlic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:38 pm

Yes, I added nearly a full bulb to my first mix
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:41 pm

oh wow garlic i love garlic and now i see that fish do as well, even my horse loves garlic, my dogs not so much but ill start on that mix u guys said wen i hav the money. i got lettuce leaves and carrots and some frozen brine shrimp i could mix that and see if they like it i dont hav any garlic right now but will get some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:56 pm

If you add fish use warm water fish, cold water fish have too much fat content. I used tilapia in mine because it was very cheap.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 6:58 pm

okay will get some
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 7:16 pm

and all meat needs to be raw or the fish may not eat it. Shrimp is best with the head on, and its also cheaper that way.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 7:17 pm

okay lol my boyfriend told my little dog to lay and my little dog just rolled over lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:15 pm

Great Information Jill, When you gonna start wholesale that product, LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 9:17 pm

I could.....
I know I'm going to bring some into my lfs and start using it there.... I may be able to sell it from there, especially since I work there pt now
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 8:27 am

NICE!!!!!!!
part time at the lfs!!! awsome!! Fat discounts and 1st dibs!!

Great info fern!!!! wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 67702 i fed my fish last night and this morning!!
last night they were just tryin to avoid the food!! lol they still gotta get used to it alil,
i made a new mix with a lil bit of fish and raw meat! they all started to pick at it this morning. didnt put any garlic in it! imma start with that! but yeah!
their startin too like the food. so heres to better food fatter wallets and good info from very good ppl!!!

wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 772341
THANX EVERY1!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wat can i feed my fish??   wat can i feed my fish?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wat can i feed my fish??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next