UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

What do you feed your fish?

Go down 
+4
Elrollo
strikingthematch
-3de-
Keelo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

What do you feed your fish? Empty
PostSubject: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 12:26 pm

I used to feed my fish these tetra tropical fish flakes but i newly found zoo med flakes. I have two kinds brine shrimp and earthworm. The earthworm flake says that its made for growth and breeding and the brineshrimp flakes are for color so ive been feeding a mixter the the teen/adults and the earthworm to the young fry :) I also feed frozen brine shrimp aswell about once a week and my pleco gets a nice slice of zucchini that i found out all the fish love as well.

What do you feed you're fish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 1:10 pm

i feed my fish, pellets mostly, grand sumo and chingmix, to help with color, blood worms and brine shrimp, and beefhearts.
Back to top Go down
-3de-
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
-3de-

Favorite Fish: : Discus..

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 1:14 pm

Frozen Beefheart, Mysis shrimp and some flake, although their favorite is a mix of all three mixed up then frozen and cubed.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 1:37 pm

TetraMin Pro tropical flakes are my standard feeding. Then once or twice a week they will get either frozen brine shrimp or bloodworm.

Cichlids get Spectrum mini balls. They LOVE them! The pleco gets a few algae wafers a night and what he won't eat the Cichlids finish.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 1:46 pm

I was doing the tetra flakes and chips for a while then i switched to Omega one brand wow what adifference...fish love it and no mess in the tank, plus it does not float forever like the chips did so even my middle and bottom feeders get it. Also toss in liberal amounts of frozen brine, black worms, daphnia, white worms, seaweed , mysis shrimp and krill diced up, earth worms frozen and freeze dried.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 4:19 pm

I have a friend in Alabama that makes up flake food for me . He also makes me some algae tabs . I also feed my plecos Plecocaine from Lohachata on AB . I put a slice of zucchini or leaf of Romaine lettuce in my pleco tanks twice a week . And as a treat , I give some of my tanks shrimp pellets and Worm pellets .
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 5:08 pm

New Life Spectrum cichlid formlula 1mm and 2mm pellets
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 6:23 pm

Lake Malawi tank: (Mbunas/cats) spirulina flakes, tropical flakes, and now that they're big I throw commercial catfish pellets in.

Predator tank: (Dinosaur bichirs, blue crayfish, mixed cories, mixed feeder guppies) - shrimp pellets and algae waifers.

Panfish tank (also has Plecos): mixed tropical/goldfish flakes, commercial catfish pellets, algae waifers.

Bettas: Mondays - tropical flakes, Tues-Thurs - brine shrimp, Friday - flakes, Sat-Sun - Tubifix worms

Mixed tank (danios, young plecos, ghost shrimp, female bettas) - algae waifers, tropical flakes, shrimp pellets.

Snail breeding tank - algae waifers, shrimp pellets

Quaranteen tank (young JDemspeys, feeders, nerites, small plecos) - algae waifers, tropical flakes, tubifex worms.

As with any animal, a variety is usually the best.
Back to top Go down
oscarlover007
Private First Class
Private First Class
oscarlover007

Favorite Fish: : Oscars and Jacks

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 1:53 am

My cichlids get pellets daily and feeders one or two times a week. And all my other fish are on flakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you feed your fish?   What do you feed your fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you feed your fish?
Page 1 of 1