UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

cleaner wrasse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Most Saltwater Fish

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 8:16 am

Does anyone have experience with these fish? I have had them before. This is the first one that after i put it in the tank after about thirty minutes. it is MIA. Might be hiding in live rock. It is nowhwere around the outside of my tank. i dont think it jumped did not get in my overflow
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 7:55 am

damn thing died. seen it the next morning on the tank bottom died. oh well.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 8:40 am

I use to buy them when I suspect a parasite or an ich outbreak in my tank. Parasites are its staple diet. Mine usually die after completing a week or 2 week long job. If it doesn't have anything to eat, they die pretty quick.
With that being said remember this:
"removing cleaner wrasse not only hurts the wrasses, but the entire eco-system revolving around them. A much better idea would be to use neon gobys or cleaner shrimp as a parasite remover, because they are easily bred in captivity".

Were you buying the fish for a parasite problem, if so, I know of a few cheaper methods.
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 9:37 pm

yeah. i have a powder blue that is showing signs of ich. i want some neon gobys. for the same excact reason you stated. But, I was not going to pay $30 for a neon goby.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime5/31/2010, 10:02 pm

If you don't have inverts or corals, try cupramine.

Yellow Stripe Neon Goby should be around $15 and
Blue Stripe Neon Goby usually sell around $20. Hope
you can find them cheaper then $30, that's pretty high.
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime6/1/2010, 9:30 pm

yeah i seen some blue stripes for $30 dollars. Petco might get some in a few weeks. they run around $10. cannot use the cupramine i do have corals
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime6/1/2010, 9:59 pm

I have a 20 gallon hospital tank and had a yellow tang that caught ich somehow.
I couldn't catch him in my 50 reef to treat him, so I turned the heat up to 84 degrees and bought a neon (blue stripe) goby and an extra cleaner shrimp. It took about a week before he looked clean, but it worked. I still see the goby every now and then. Right when I think he's dead, he'll appear for a few minutes.

Good look and I hope your p.b. tang have a fast recovery.
Back to top Go down
igotatank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime6/3/2010, 10:44 pm

you did that to your reef tank?? it did not harm your corals?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 6:39 am

It shrunk my xenia and anthilia(they recovered though), but made my polyps and zoas more colorful.
Back to top Go down
FishyBusiness

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime6/4/2010, 2:02 pm

Actually, a cleaner wrasse is great to have.. I keep one in all of my tanks.. and have had each of them for a few years now.. Like always you want to QT your fish including cleaner wrasses.. At this time you can train your wrasse to eat other foods such as brine shrimp and or flake food.. lots of people are told they only eat ich and other parasites which they do.. BUT they will eat other foods to keep them alive.. mine being alive for this long is the proof.. I know several other people who keep one in their tanks as well.. If you have a QT tank and are up for the challenge i say go for it.. they look great and are great cleaners..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cleaner wrasse Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaner wrasse   cleaner wrasse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cleaner wrasse
Page 1 of 1