UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Assorted coral pics

Go down 
+4
CajunGator
alkomist
Terry
popebosephus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

Assorted coral pics Empty
PostSubject: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 12:04 pm

New to reefing... but Alko keeps asking for pics and I need to up my post count...

Assorted coral pics Imag0010

Assorted coral pics Imag0011

Assorted coral pics Imag0012

Assorted coral pics Imag0013

Assorted coral pics Imag0014

Assorted coral pics Imag0015
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 12:26 pm

Nice start you have goin there. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 12:35 pm

LOOKING GOOD SO FAR TINA!!! ;) hahaha
good start bro!!!
those should grow out to awsome pretty soon!!!!!!!
that ur 29g?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 12:59 pm

yup 29g
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 1:07 pm

u glued the frags to the rocks right?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 3:39 pm

there you go ALKO u got your pics. thanks for sharing Tina ! ! !
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 4:24 pm

NICE GSP's and Zoa's

aw-sum
pics
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 9:32 am

TINA!!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 12:39 pm

Update...

obligatory FTS from 4/17/10

Assorted coral pics Fts41710

3 months of neglect and abnormally high organic wastes with bubble algae infestation

Assorted coral pics Fts12110

superman zoos/toxic lava palys.

supermans in April,

Assorted coral pics Imag0011

Today:
Assorted coral pics Superm11

What happens when you break your gsp rock in half and sit one of the halves next to your glass????

Assorted coral pics Gspong10

candycanes (started as 2 heads)

Assorted coral pics Candyc10

Last time GSP was chopped (in august) I traded for a single polyp of purple death, and a small piece of tonga with 2 heads of AOG on it... today...

Assorted coral pics Aog-pu10

So, cleanup/recovery process has started on the organic buildup/bubble infestation.

Steps taken, if you wonder...

1.) Overpopulation of hermits/emeralds/sally lightfoot crab
2.) Adding 50 cerith snails, 10 nass snails.
3.) 15% water change weekly to get params back in order

Testing monday after 3 months with only topping off shows...

calc 250
alk 3
ph 8.2
ammonia/nitrite - 0
nitrate 5ppm

15% water change tuesday. Dosing 2 part and reef buffer (for ph) params are

calc - 380ppm
alk - 5
ph 8.3
ammonia/nitrite/nitrate 0 ppm

alkalinity and calcium coming up, several things are adjusting to the shock value of the parameter swing, so far nothing lost. Bubble algae receding, no GHA present in system anywhere. Had a bit of a cyano outbreak in September with some residuals hanging onto the rocks. The hermits have taken care of the GHA and the cyano. The emeralds and sally lightfoot are working on the bubble. I suppose they fill up after a bit. So a little bit of work on my week(s) off as I prepare to move to 75 reef in the not so distant future.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:08 pm

Nice. Looks like it's spreading pretty niceley!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:17 pm

As you can see maintenance is SO important! Save time, money and livestock by keeping up on a schedule. Thanks for sharing this great experience.
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:20 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:27 pm

FishVixen wrote:
As you can see maintenance is SO important! Save time, money and livestock by keeping up on a schedule. Thanks for sharing this great experience.

The only thing I've really lost was a scooter blenny, and I'm sure that's entirely due to pod depletion.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 1:32 pm

side note anyone wanting a dragonet of any kind be warned... it can take these things six months to starve to death.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:02 pm

Dude!!!! your back? LOL were you been? NR?
your tanks grown man!
the armor of god should be pretty sick!!!!
also is that GSP on your glass? LOL
is that a tang in a 29gal????
WTF???
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 4:37 pm

GSP to cover 3 sides of tank FTW. Yep Regal tang in a 29. I'll trade down when it gets too big. the AOGs aren't especially my favorites, I want these purple deaths to go on and get to kickin.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 5:25 pm

how bigs the tang?
you lucky their isnt a tang police force on this sight like their is on NR lol or else theyd be all up in yo a$$
those purple deaths should look sick when their kickin!

how many corlz you have now?
and what lights are you runnin over em?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 5:36 pm

also you running a sump on yo new 75?
what kind of pump? and what you gona use for media? fuge?
also i fuggin hate GREEN HAIR ALGEA!!!!!! that ish was all over my 20L when i started it! i also had a diatome bloom. hemits do make an awsome cuc
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 5:54 pm

Over the 29 I've got a current sundial 4x24w running

ati blue +
ati aquablue special
ati blue +
UVL actinic white (this is getting changed to pure actinic when I buy lights again)

75 is still in the planning phase while I put together a wish list. At the moment the plan for the 75 will be

75 rr
30 g sump/fuge this will house an 8 inch sand bed with chaeto/calupera and LR rubble (pod heaven)
skimmer -still in research phase, probably one of the reef octopus line
return pump - haven't decided on yet
I plan to use 50lb box of Marco Rock for base supplemented with current LR, but I'll probably pick up a nano package from gulfliverocks.com to seed and cycle with before I move over current rock. I'm also planning to used pulverized limestone for substrate seeded with live sand.
lights on it will be 6x54w aquatic life t5 ho fixture
this thing looks sweet...

details here
http://www.marineandreef.com/AquaticLife_48_T5_HO_6_Lamp_Fixture_Lunar_Lights_p/ral01192.htm

I'm going full mixed reef when I switch everything over. I'll be breaking down the 29 at that time, and selling off it's pieces. I've got a 20L I won at the first auction that wants to be my frag tank and a 30" PC fixture to go over it.

Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 6:10 pm

DAM!!! sounds like your on your way man!
well i gots to close shop and go home ill comment more tommorrow!

ಠ_ಠ

EDIT:
that light Fix is Sick!!!!
i know you dont plan on using the stock bulbs are you? what combo you goin for?
also when you tear down you 29...what you mean sell off its pieces? equipment wise?
i like that light over the 29;) LOL
and what are your plans for flow? u should go with a SCWD!!!! those are sick!!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:18 am

^^^^^
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 10:41 am

I'll run stock bulbs for a month or so, I do plan to go with some combination of 3x ATI blue +, and then probably an ati aquablue special, a KZ fiji purple, and a UVL pure actinic. Should be nice and blue with that config. One of the things I like about the nano-reef site is the t5 combination breakdown with pics to show the difference and PAR ratings at depth. Since I plan to attempt SPS and clams I'll likely shoot for the most PAR I can muster bulb combination wise.

I was thinking about flow last night and started entertaining the idea of a SCWD with a UGJ system. I already plan to use pvc to sit my live rock on, so why not plumb in a scwd on my return pump, and run the return into the UGJ to add flow at substrate level and hopefully keep detrius from settling on the sand bed. I'll probably go the lazy route though and just pick up some K3s. I might also do a closed loop system with a SCWD on it. If I wanted to spend the scratch I'd go with the vortech programmable system.

Still WAY early in the planning stages, so nothing happening fast. The reef pets guy (the EEVIL evil man) has some awesome zoos up for auction ending tonight. I'm GLAD he moved out of dallas or I'd be drowning in xmas debt. Good thing I'm too cheap to pay the 20 dollars shipping to dallas I think.... I mean look!

Acid Drop
Assorted coral pics 431358126_o

sun burst orange
Assorted coral pics 432408300_o

blow pop
Assorted coral pics 432408344_o

Rings of Glory -seriously I snipe this for 15 bucks, it will double in size in 3 months.
Assorted coral pics 430639006_o

Part of me wants to forgo SPS and LPS and just do the entire 75 with zoos. Oh for those that don't know... the egg crate under the plugs is roughly 3/4" x 3/4" to give size reference.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 2:58 pm

DAM!!!! the last pic of zoo is sick! me likey!! lol also that sunburt pollyp is badass!
you can still use someK3's and the scwd!! the more flow the better!
but yeah you should rig it to wear you have substrate movement. just aim the K's low but to the point were your not sandstoming the dam place up.
then theirs the MP's youll prolly need like 2 MP40's or so..the thing are awsome and get the job done with minimal crap in the tank but cost like you soul and your legs....
i want one but......yea......$..................
also what you SC on NR??
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime12/16/2010, 3:09 pm

looking good!!!, i wish i can start my SW soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assorted coral pics   Assorted coral pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assorted coral pics
Page 1 of 1