UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How to save stressed msobo?

Go down 
+3
khrister
unknown
airball2006
7 posters
AuthorMessage
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

How to save stressed msobo? Empty
PostSubject: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/12/2010, 8:46 pm

I had 6 msobo in a 55 Gallon tank along with 10 Red Zebra. Several of the red zebra's were picking on the msobo. Now the msobo are slowly starting to die. They won't eat anything. I put 4 of the weaks one into another tank but they still will not eat anything and 2 have died already. What can I do to save the other 2 because they will not eat?
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/12/2010, 9:08 pm

Try some live foods. In their new tank, make sure they have enough places to hide to help them feel comfortable.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/12/2010, 9:10 pm

Don't feed them they are stressed and might be bloated. Put them in a quarantine tank and treat with jungle parasite clear... I have 16 msobos and 12 galireya reef in a 55 g and they do fine...put a lot of caves and rocks for them to hide next time.
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/12/2010, 10:39 pm

Thanks, Khrister...I'll try that. Hopefully, they will survive the night.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 6:27 am

khrister wrote:
Don't feed them they are stressed and might be bloated. Put them in a quarantine tank and treat with jungle parasite clear... I have 16 msobos and 12 galireya reef in a 55 g and they do fine...put a lot of caves and rocks for them to hide next time.

How to save stressed msobo? 858205
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 10:04 am

khrister wrote:

cloat or anything with metronidazole will also work. good luck.
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 12:29 pm

Put some jungle parasite clear in the tank. Checked nitrates, nitrites and everything shows save in both my 55 and 37 Gal Tanks. Hopefully, the msobo can recover. Does anyone know how long it should take before I see the msobo act better?
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 1:13 pm

Read the instructions on the jungle parasite clear.
I think you can dose the tank 1 tablet per 10 gallon good for the next 48 hours.

If their condition does not get better after 48 hours do a 50% water change and do another dose . I would highly recommend a 1 tsp per 5 gallon dose of epsom salt as well to flush them out.

NO feeding for 5 days until their condition gets better.
At this point food will hurt them even more.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 3:40 pm

How to save stressed msobo? 858205
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 4:21 pm

How to save stressed msobo? 858205 I second that. Good advice.
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 5:51 pm

Thanks, Khrister. The msobo's appear to be a little better now that I've moved them to a different tank and treated with jungle parasite killer. We'll wait a couple of days to see if I need to treat it again.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 8:49 pm

Are thos msobos from the auction...if so they were mine or used to be mine
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 9:16 pm

I got these msobos from Kory.
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 8:26 am

It doesn't look good for another 2 msobos. They are swimming at the surface with their heads up. They will probably die soon. Why is it the msobo are the only ones dying? They seem to be less hardy then the zebra or red jewels that I have in the 55 Gal tank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to save stressed msobo?   How to save stressed msobo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to save stressed msobo?
Page 1 of 1