UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Hidden Clown Loach

Go down 
+6
JACK D
Holey Rock of Texas
alkomist
philuponthepho
CajunGator
blueovalfish
10 posters
AuthorMessage
blueovalfish
Private
Private

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:18 pm

I have 2 different loaches in my 55 gallon. I put both of the in there on saturday. All was fine all weekend and through this morning. But now the clown loach is missing, i have removed the fake tree and other deco items looking for him, but with no luck. These are my first loaches and was wondering if i may be overlooking something. Do loaches tend to hide.

I know when I first got my BN he like to hide in the filter, is it possible that the clown is hiding from me? H E L P !!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:22 pm

did you check the filter?? under everything in the tank??
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 12:04 am

My prawn ate 3 of my Malawi's so look for anything aggresive in there.
Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 7:29 am

Yes clowns will hide anywhere they can fit. They will also play dead, laying on their side and upside down so if he looks dead when you find him give him a poke before you get the net.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:43 am

Fern wrote:
Yes clowns will hide anywhere they can fit. They will also play dead, laying on their side and upside down so if he looks dead when you find him give him a poke before you get the net.

lol thats soo funny!!! do they actually do that???
u got a vid of that??? haha
Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:53 am

I've only seen mine do it 2 times. My friend had one that would always play dead or take naps call it what you want lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:56 am

Naps..... hahahah man i gotta get me some of those:)
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 10:07 am

i bet the laoch is hidden in the decor. mine like to stay in my holey rock when i take it out.
Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 10:58 am

Alk, they get very very big in a very short time, The will outgrow a 180g quickly.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 11:31 am

i know they look kinda kreepy wen their all grown up!....the lfs has 1 bout 8" i think.....looks weird to me lol....o only like em wen their small:)
how fast though?
Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 11:44 am

I've herd of them needing a 180g within 2 years
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 12:53 pm

Hidden Clown Loach Affraid wow.............
Back to top Go down
blueovalfish
Private
Private

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 5:15 am

well he showed his little face for about 30 minutes last night but now he is gone again. I guess the next time he comes out I will just have to watch and see where he is hidding.
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 5:52 am

My mom has one that burries itself in the gravel. She thought it was gone to.
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:18 am

Check your water conditions(pH, ammonia, temp ect).........Clown Loaches don't do well in high pH and most fish suffer if the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are even in low ranges..............................................Clown Loaches and many of the other Loaches and Botia do better in groups of three or more..........
Back to top Go down
blueovalfish
Private
Private

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:16 pm

well he has been caught. He is going into a hole in the bottom side of the fake tree in the middle of the tank. He came out and swam around for about 30 minutes,so i watched him. He turned upwards and swam right into the hole. I guess he likes it in there.

Should i try and block this hole off or just let it be?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:34 pm

I would leave the hole, cause if he really likes it.. he will find another !!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:48 pm

CajunGator wrote:
I would leave the hole, cause if he really likes it.. he will find another !!!
lol!
Hidden Clown Loach 858205 cool leave him hes a loner lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 8:21 am

yeah leave in their!!! hes comftorble!!
you dont want ur fish being UN-comftorble do you?? lol
hell be fine
Back to top Go down
Incaico
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Fronts

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 9:18 am

I took out all the rock one day and check them for my loach and he was not hiding in any rocks. Then I looked through all my gravel and nothing. He finally appeared after about 1 week. Now that I have more clown loaches they are always out.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 9:58 pm

I have a group of clown and a group of yoyos in one of my planted tank.. they love swimming around and chasing each other but at about 9-10pm each day, the clowns would go into the nooks and crannies of the driftwood and im guessing sleep until the morning. They have always done that, pretty cool i think.

I have had my clown loach for about over a year now and they barely grew an inch, they are not fast grower... it will take many many years for them to grow as big as the ones you see in lfs. Depending on the size of the aquarium they might not even grow as big.
Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:51 am

Mine has doubled in size with in a month in a 20g.
Stunting fish intentionally is not humane.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hidden Clown Loach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Clown Loach   Hidden Clown Loach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Clown Loach
Page 1 of 1