UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Standard tank sizes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Standard tank sizes Empty
PostSubject: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:06 pm

I found a place with all the standard tank sizes dimensions empty weights full weights and all that fun stuff
http://alysta.com/books/fishtank.htm
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:25 pm

Pretty kool!!! great find!!:)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:27 pm

Very nice, thanks for sharing.... yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 5:24 pm

great site but total weight are off. Water at 80 degrees weights 8.3176#. You should do your on math.
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:38 pm

Good info. We aren't splitting atoms here, ballpark is way close enough for our needs.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:44 pm

Standard tank sizes 858205 exactly...at a weight of 1+ tons I don't care if the math is off by 20 pounds. I can not lift a ton anyway Standard tank sizes 690297
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:48 pm

going to assume that the full weight is with just water, so the full weight with decor i would assume is even heavier.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:51 pm

That is for another discussion. You need to exactly weight the decor, rocks, thermometer, sand etc, then get it's volume and subtract the amount of water it displaces...I still say my math is off by 20lbs lol!
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:53 pm

not a problem unless your going to be building your own stand LOL.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:55 pm

jcsmit7 wrote:
not a problem unless your going to be building your own stand LOL.

I just did 2 years ago. And I proudly made it with out using a single 2x4 Standard tank sizes 690297
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 8:57 pm

same here, only i wanted a wood stand that can go either against a wall or used as a room partition. it will take a care to hit it to make it fall. had a blast building it.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:26 pm

very helpful information.. thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 4:07 pm

When building a stand you always need to over build so the weight is a moot point.
I just like the fact that you can find all the funky tank sizes on there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard tank sizes   Standard tank sizes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard tank sizes
Page 1 of 1