UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

small question about a canister filter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

small question about a canister filter Empty
PostSubject: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 9:17 am

If i wanted to change how the water goes into a canister filter by bringing two hoses down then converging to one hose will this affect the overall performance of my filter? I have a cascad 1200 on a 125 gallon aquarium or should i just purchase a smaller filter and have it work on the other end of the tank?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 9:56 am

if you add another intake. your total intake should be around the same but split among two intakes. so the force behind each one will be half. if half is still enough to pick up the wates you are fine.
i would really just recommend getting another filter. you really can not go wrong with more filtration.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime2/19/2010, 12:11 pm

small question about a canister filter 858205
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 4:12 am

Good question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime2/21/2010, 6:37 am

You could always put the inlet on one side of the tank and the outlet on the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: small question about a canister filter   small question about a canister filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

small question about a canister filter
Page 1 of 1